Need some camp rules

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Greenhead22
Duck South Addict

Re: Need some camp rules

Postby Greenhead22 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:01 am

Hunting is supposed to be fun. Not something where you're required to walk on eggshells daily.

IMO, it should be a democracy, not a dictatorship. I know of several dictatorship hunting clubs, and their turnover rate is HIGH and for a reason. We have to follow rules and guidelines daily in our life with work. We should be allowed one outlet where we don't have to deal with that stuff.

I'm a 25% owner in a new lodge in Arkansas. First thing the owners agreed on before we signed the papers was no dictatorship and no stupid rules. We're grown men. Act like a grown up and we'll be good. We never fight over who goes where every morning. We don't even use a draw or blind rotation plan. Hell we gained one of our owners and best club members over a rule at another high end duck club allowing you only 2 beers a day and no drinking until after noon. And the president of the club had first choice daily of where to go. It's bs like that that takes the fun all out of being in a club.

A dictatorship doesn't necessarily mean fewer rules either. The dictatorships I know of have TONS of rules. My club pretty much has two rules. No guests on opening weekend and clean up what you mess up. We roll with the flow on the rest. I've been in the same club in Arkansas for roughly 10 years. I've asked one member not to come back. We've had the same core members since day 1. The few guys that have left did so because of money issues or divorce, not because they were forced out.
hntrpat1
Duck South Addict

Postby hntrpat1 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:51 am

REBEL DUCK
Duck South Addict

Postby REBEL DUCK » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:24 pm

way to control kids it to put number of deer per membership. we do this and give each paying membership 2 bucks and each kid of the member or step kid one free deer of either sex.

So my son can actually kill 3 bucks under my membership if I wanted him to.

Kids = anyone that does not have to purchase hunting license.
Get in where you fit in!
Money
Duck South Addict

Postby Money » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:25 pm

First rule should be.....Obey all rules...

Return to “General Discussion Forum”