Ask DS: attic insulation

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
ScottyLee
Duck South Addict

Ask DS: attic insulation

Postby ScottyLee » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:19 am

I have to get some more insulation added to my attic, as I don't have near enough right now. I'm debating on spending the extra to get spray foam, instead of blown in. everyone always says, the spray foam is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Just trying to decide if it's worth the 2x the extra cost. any of you guys have any experience with reinsulating your attic? pros/cons? I'm all ears.
ACEINTHEHOLE
Duck South Addict

Re: Ask DS: attic insulation

Postby ACEINTHEHOLE » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:16 am

I talked with a guy a few weeks ago who was reccomeneded on here. He said I would see a 35-40% savings on heating/cooling cost immediately. If this is the case then it is absolutely worth the extra cost. I don't have the cash right now, but am gonna give it a try as soon as I do.
Casie Page

lipsplitter39654 wrote:
... an old man with a gun will kill you if you mess with him ...
Smoke68
Duck South Addict

Postby Smoke68 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:24 pm

Just to clarify, are you talking about insulation on the attic floor, or put up onto the inside of the attic ceiling, i.e. the roof?

"Well we don't rent pigs and I figure it's better to say it right out front because a man that does like to rent pigs is... he's hard to stop" -Augustus McRae
ScottyLee
Duck South Addict

Postby ScottyLee » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:00 pm

Return to “General Discussion Forum”