Average Club Dues

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
skywalker
Duck South Addict

Average Club Dues

Postby skywalker » Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:45 pm

For the ones who don't mind sharing, how much per year do you pay for your duck club membership? What all is included? My son is almost 10 and went on his first duck hunt last year. Going to go on a few this year, learning more gun safety and different duck ID. Want to join a club next year (if he continues to develop) where he and I can hunt. Don't really want to pay over $3k, what can I expect for this in NW MS or NE AR? Never been in a club, really don't have a clue, just don't want to get scammed. Thanks in advance.

Luke 'skywalker'
GET-N-RITE
Duck South Addict

Re: Average Club Dues

Postby GET-N-RITE » Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:09 am

I would tell you exactly what I pay in a PM, how many members etc, but I am paranoid to say it on a forum. I will tell you this for under 3,000 you should be able to get in a proven spot (if they have any open.) For under 3,000 you should be able to get in a club that provides everything except shells. I know we as a club already have everything you want. So if a person wants in I can't charge them for years of decoys, boats, 4 wheelers, dogs etc to get in. Now if we decided to buy something we will vote and split it up between the members.
skywalker
Duck South Addict

Postby skywalker » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:34 am

That's what I was wanting to know.....don't need exact figures, just ballpark. I am sure some wouldn't want their wives to see, :). Just wandering, that's all. Thanks for info.
Greenhead22
Duck South Addict

Postby Greenhead22 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:23 pm

Here's what I've learned from hunting in Ark.

Cheaper dues = Too many members

Higher dues = Fewer members, better fellowship and better quality hunts.

I pay 3500 a year with 10 members.
skywalker
Duck South Addict

Postby skywalker » Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:42 pm

With my son, I would prefer less members and higher quality hunts.......my dad has never been duck hunting, so that is on the 'hit list' as well. Thx fellas.
Greenhead22
Duck South Addict

Postby Greenhead22 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:09 pm

It's also depends on the amount of ground a club has to their access.

There's a $4000 club down the road, but they have 30 members. That's because they have so many acres.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”