holsters

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Deltaduk
Veteran

holsters

Postby Deltaduk » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:18 pm

bought a glock 19, now I need to find a COMFORTABLE holster for it.turns out there a bout a 100 different CCW holsters out there. I can not carry all the time, due to work restrictions and such, but when I can carry , I will . I have look at the N82tatical holsters online , alien gear holsters, but these kinda caught my eye also. anyone ever tried or look at one of these? I want something that is comfortable with a pair of gym shorts as well as a pair of jeans.http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/Produ ... elly-Bands. From I have I found so far, It looks like the better holsters are all online. What caught my attention, was the ease of removing holster from the band while driving and well as the comfort they "claim" it has. Never felt like I needed to CCW before, but time they are a changing for sure. I have done a search on here, but found nothing on here in regards to this style
thanks in adance
fireplug
Duck South Addict

Re: holsters

Postby fireplug » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:48 pm

I have a crossbread supertuck for my LCP as well as a Taurus 24/7 that I carry. They are about as comfortable as any I've seen. Not so much on easy to get on or off. I mean they aren't bad, but it will take you a minute to get it adjusted where you want it and tuck your shirt back in. That is if you wear your shirt tucked in. I couldn't wear my 24/7 with gym shorts unless I planned to show my backside to everyone, or had a dang good draw string in them.
How do you like your Hope and Change?
DanP
Duck South Addict

Postby DanP » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:00 pm

Doubt you will find anything that will comfortably hold a Glock 19 in gym shorts due to weight of gun. The belly band approach might work for you, but I've never even considered it because it looks hot as crap.

I've tried alien gear, not impressed. Currently carrying glock 27 in N82 Professional and is by far, hands down the most comfortable tuckable holster I've found. IWB holsters with two clips and wide backing are comfortable but bulky, hot, and a pain to get situated right. Smaller single clip kydex holsters are easy but all day comfort is lacking. N82 Professional strikes a really good balance. Also utilizing a kydex trigger gaurd holster when I want to throw in waistband and go. Have an LCP for the few situations clothing restricts the 27.
cwink
Duck South Sponsor

Postby cwink » Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:16 pm

If IWB is what you are looking at this is my favorite right now.. I am carrying a CZ Rami2075 in it. The belly bands are ok for lighter weight gun..

http://www.vedderholsters.com/lighttuck/
http://safefireshooting.com/
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them"
-George Washington
Deltaduk
Veteran

Postby Deltaduk » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:38 pm

probably gonna look at the OWB holsters also, just don't wanna end up with a box of holsters that I will never use
mfalkner
Duck South Addict

Postby mfalkner » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:38 am

I carry my 26 in a Sticky holster for 1-3 hour trips to town, etc. Slide it in small of back, it never moves. Would not work with gym shorts, though, you need a belt for secure retention. Like Dan, I use an LCP for no-print days.
DeltaCotton12
Duck South Addict

Postby DeltaCotton12 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:25 pm

tombstone
Duck South Addict

Postby tombstone » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:14 pm

think I may try the one wingman suggested on another thread with the little rod that goes into the end of the barrel. It is versatile and essentially adds no bulk. I hate kydex
There will be a day....
RiverDuck
Duck South Addict

Postby RiverDuck » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:40 am

I carry a Ruger LCP in this and it is awesome! I used to carry a wallet in my back pocket and I don't even notice this holster. I have carried it in the front pocket of gym shorts, but they need to be tied up good.

http://www.unclegeorgeswalletholsters.c ... fault.aspx
MMallard
Veteran

Postby MMallard » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:24 am

My favorite is the Stealth Gear IWB for my Shield. I have compared to the alien gear and they are similar in appearance, but the SG was better built. Bit of a wait to get, but worth it to me
Matt Mallard
On Point Mapping
onpointmapping@hotmail.com
hntrpat1
Duck South Addict

Postby hntrpat1 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:01 pm

I like my galco kingtuc for my g26
GordonGekko
Duck South Addict

Postby GordonGekko » Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:09 am

I'm a big fan of crossbreed, use a supertuck daily. That belly band is a decent idea for gym shorts (I use a clip now), but for jeans the supertuck will be better. I have a N82 pro, but never use it. It doesn't conceal as well as the supertuck and shifts more during use. Also, get a high quality belt!
"In God we trust, all others pay cash."

Noli nothis permittere te terere.

Press Alt+F4 to ignore my posts
teul2
Duck South Addict

Postby teul2 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:46 am

I have the Comptac MTAC and a Crossbread Qwikclip as my two "go to" holsters. And have thought about a belly band and the concealment undershirts as well (http://www.511tactical.com/holster-shirt-v-neck.html). But before it is over, you will have a dozen or more holsters if you are like most of us. Each setup has it's good points and negative. Ask friends to let you borrow theirs for a few days. That way you can try before you buy.
Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
Deltaduk
Veteran

Postby Deltaduk » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:20 am

settled on a fobus OWB paddle style holster, it will meet my needs for now,I imagine I'll have a shoe box full of holsters soon enough.. Cant carry all the time because of work policies, but I'll carry when I can. Just dont think I would like the IWB style, I am a picky MOFO bout my comfort Gordon< I am gonna look at the one u are talking bout
three11
Veteran

Postby three11 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:44 pm

I have a ClipDraw on my LCP and on my Glock 43. No holster. Works great. The LCP carried in the small of the back is like its not even there.

http://clipdraw.com/

Return to “General Discussion Forum”