AR Public Land Crackdown

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
7ducks
Veteran

AR Public Land Crackdown

Postby 7ducks » Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:03 am

Read this last night in Wildfowl's August edition Page 22:
The Arkansas Game and Fish Commission is considering an effort to stop illegal guiding operations by non-residents in public flooded timber areas. Possible solutions include a permit that allows non-resident hunters access to WMAs for a limited number of days for the entire season. Guiding was banned on WMAs several years ago, but it is widely believed among AGFC staff that some non=resident guides spend the entire season on the more popular flooded timber areas.
A duck call is one of the best conservation tools ever invented
booger
Veteran

Re: AR Public Land Crackdown

Postby booger » Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:55 pm

I don't think they'll adopt anything and I certainly hope they don't. Lot's of people camp or stay for several days. Depends on the ducks.

They are smart enough to know that there are probably only three or four jackholes doing some kind of monkey business and it's not worth pizzing off thousands of other hands that just show up to give the AGFC some $$$ to bounce off trees for a few days. They'll have to run the numbers on how many days they'll actually give you, how many five day permits sold vs annual etc. I don't think it will work to their advantage.

I don't see anything about resident guides being a problem, hmmmmm just worried about non-residents?

I say it's just a press release to satisfy some whiners, they do that every few years.
Them ducks is wary. We now resume our regularly scheduled forum melee in progress.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”