The World Is Coming Apart...

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Deltamud77
Duck South Addict

The World Is Coming Apart...

Postby Deltamud77 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:00 am

The events of this week, from Hillary getting off when she clearly committed multiple felonies, to protests in Baton Rouge over a police shooting that was justified, to the long night last night in Dallas wherein a 25 year old BM killed 5 cops and wounded numerous others while specifically targeting white people have shaken my faith this country can be saved.

The liberal mantra this morning, black people are justifiably angry and we need more gun control.

It is like we are living in the twilight zone...
Buckwabit
Duck South Addict

Re: The World Is Coming Apart...

Postby Buckwabit » Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:08 am

There is so much i could and would like to say. But all of it would paint me as a complet racist and non christian so i'm just going to have to keep my mouth shut. I will say that i am very tired of all this crap and i carry a firearm everyday because of stuff just like this
Chad Miley

I love the "Ole Man"..Plenty of Birds and No Company...
lilwhitelie
Duck South Addict

Postby lilwhitelie » Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:18 am

Why wasn't Obama calling this a hate crime??? He was so quick to jump to conclusions without facts in many other events but this obviously hate filled crime is what????? What term fits his agenda for this one?. He had tons of stats the day before this shooting. I have never seen our country anymore divided than we are at this point and Obama has done NOTHING to help. Gun control is his last hooray!!! Get ready.
HRCH JB'S LIL WHITE LIE
Deltamud77
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltamud77 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:25 am

The national media (outside of Fox) is already pivoting the story towards gun control. That will be the story moving forward. You can bet that Obama has an Executive Order ready to go to ban assault rifle sales and/or high capacity magazines. He knows that the EO would not be overturned before he leaves office by the courts, and given the nature of our SCOTUS at the moment, if it made it to them, they might not overturn it anyway.

This will be a full-on gun control debate in short order - the fact that this guy did this for racial reasons only will be a side issue for us "fringe right wingers".

I keep thinking at some point that we are going to have an awakening as to what is going on in this country, but I am afraid we are past that point. We have turned our back on God and he is showing us what an America without his protection and provision looks like.

I think we are actually seeing a new normal. Terrorist attacks on our soil from foreign and domestic actors and a federal government unwilling to even acknowledge, let alone address, the root causes is what we are facing as normalcy now.

You cannot make sense of it, so don't bother trying.
deltadukman
Duck South Addict

Postby deltadukman » Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:10 am

Putting my tin foil hat on, but this sure takes the eyes off Hillary for the moment doesn't it....
Tedl10
Duck South Addict

Postby Tedl10 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:50 am

Cash's Loaded Gun - Case

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after. It's a reckonin" - Doc Holliday

Ted Lloyd, Jr.
Deltamud77
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltamud77 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:26 pm

cwink
Duck South Sponsor

Postby cwink » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:44 pm

I have been watching what has been going on in Baton Rouge and Minneapolis but I have not commented on either one, because honestly I don't know what happened there. I don't know if it they were justified shootings or not. I don't know if the officers have any biases against minorities or if they just made some really bad decisions. I DON"T KNOW!!! But what I find extremely disturbing is when I see civil rights leaders and elected officials systematically blaming the officers of being racist before any evidence is even presented.

Wednesday night I watched a prominent civil rights leader say on national TV that the police in Baton Rouge shot Mr. Sterling because he was black, and the Governor or Minnesota stated

“Would this have happened if those passengers and the driver were white? I don’t think it would’ve.”
And less than 24 hours later we have Dallas!!!

And to be fair the heated rhetoric is not one sided. I see comments like "Just another thug off the street" posted by those on the other side of the debate all the time.

Neither of these comments help!!! We have got to turn down the rhetoric and let the justice system work. The path we are on is destructive to both sides of the debate. We are allowing social media and 24 hour news reporting to turn us into modern day Salem Witch Trials where the dangers of isolationism, false accusations, and lapses in due process are rampant. We are on a slippery slope. If we continue to try all officer involved shootings in the court of public opinion we are going to see a drastic change in the relationship between officers and citizens. A change that will likely leave the average citizen less safe

Those on the left are going to use every single tragedy to point to gun control, and to be honest I am starting see those in the middle lean towards the left after Orlando, and they may bend more after Dallas.
http://safefireshooting.com/
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them"
-George Washington
Tedl10
Duck South Addict

Postby Tedl10 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:58 pm

Two more officers have been shot in MO and GA. What in the hell
Cash's Loaded Gun - Case

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after. It's a reckonin" - Doc Holliday

Ted Lloyd, Jr.
Hayes
Duck South Addict

Postby Hayes » Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:20 pm

At some point in time We the people are going to have to stand up and fight. We are going to have to sacrifice our families, our jobs, our freedoms, and ultimately our lives and take the country back by force if there is to be any change. Just my thoughts.
Deltamud77
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltamud77 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:01 pm

davidees
Duck South Addict

Postby davidees » Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:24 pm

We have a federal government so hell bent on gun control, that they are ALLOWING mass shootings to take place, doing nothing to stop them even when the signs are there (Pulse shooting) so they can have their justification continuously waved in our faces.
Veteran

Postby 1010 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:03 pm

pic-n-cut
Veteran

Postby pic-n-cut » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:57 am

Good bait and switch going on. Everytime the heat gets on Political corruption this kind of stuff happens. Take a minute to study this kind of stuff and you will notice a very alarming pattern.
OOOOooooooooooo--------#hit

Return to “General Discussion Forum”