Truck Opinions

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Up2Early
Veteran

Truck Opinions

Postby Up2Early » Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:21 pm

Finally going to replace my old F150, "Squeakers".

What's the best used 4wd in the $12k range? Need crew cab or super cab.
sondance
Veteran

Re: Truck Opinions

Postby sondance » Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:53 am

That's one of those deals where it depends on the shape and mileage of what you are buying. I currently own a Tundra Limited TRD 4x4. It's my second one both purchased new. Given my personal experience if I was going to buy a used one, I would take a Tundra with a few more miles on it than some of the others. Again, that's based only on my experience . I have never owned a Ford or Dodge. The Chevy's / GMC typically had small nagging things go wrong with them with the exception of a transmission one time. Only thing I have ever had issue with on a Yota is recall stuff. AC did go out one time out of warranty.
Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut. -Ernest Hemingway
DuckBoat
Veteran

Re: Truck Opinions

Postby DuckBoat » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:31 pm

Like sondance said in that price range it is going to be how someone treated and maintained it.
I would try to find a f150 with the 5.0 in it. The tundras are ok but pull out the pocket book when you need to work on it. Have several friends with them and it seems like they are always changing a radiator, water pump, or heater core on them which is expensive to have replaced.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”