Mirrorless cameras

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
mfalkner
Duck South Addict

Mirrorless cameras

Postby mfalkner » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:13 pm

Any of you photography experts on here messed with a mirrorless camera? As the prices come down and lenses get better, I'm wondering if this would be a good direction to research when I replace my old D50 next year. Primary use would be landscapes and dog training/hunting pics. Some wildlife photography but not at a pro level.
greenheadgrimreaper
Duck South Addict

Re: Mirrorless cameras

Postby greenheadgrimreaper » Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:11 pm

I've got a Sony a6000 with the 18-55mm kit lens and the 55-210 mm lens. I love it. It packs small so I can carry it in the woods all day for pics, and it is surprisingly tuff.

As far as my dislikes go, the battery life sucks, but that is what amazon and knock-off batteries are made for (just as good as sony batteries-best I can tell). 3 batteries will last me nearly all day. Also, it has no weatherproofing, but a good bag will take care of moisture in heavy downpours. As far as light rain goes, I've got a rain jacket for it and have never had any problems.

I've found that, compared to many full-frame dslr owners, the mirrorless folks tend to be more prone to carrying their camera far more often (certainly this is not always the case). I think the reason why is because the camera and a couple of lenses will literally fit inside of the smallest of packs/bags.
"The middle of the road is where the white line is -- and that's the worst place to drive." Robert Frost

http://www.pintailduckboats.com/

Return to “General Discussion Forum”