ASK DS: Need Recommendation on Sealer for Brick Pavers

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
edub20
Duck South Addict

ASK DS: Need Recommendation on Sealer for Brick Pavers

Postby edub20 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:42 am

We're laying brick pavers in the laundry, kitchen, and mud room of our house this weekend. I need to find a sealer that will bring out the colors of the brick but not leave a high gloss finish like I've seen on some floors. Anyone have any recommendations for something I may be able to pickup in the Jackson area from a store?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
landscaper
Duck South Addict

Re: ASK DS: Need Recommendation on Sealer for Brick Pavers

Postby landscaper » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:36 am

You'll have trouble finding both...a polyurethane sealer will make the colors pop but will leave you with that high gloss finish and will yellow with time and just look like you didn't bother to house train the dog. There is a company called Prosoco that makes all manner of cleaners and sealers. They make a product called Siloxane PD that is probably the best but once it dries you won't be able to tell it is there. It is very expensive, as well. It would be my recommendation, though. You can probably find a dealer on their website.
landscaper
Duck South Addict

Postby landscaper » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:39 am

I forgot...another option is just to put a good paste wax on it. Our showroom ( I sell brick) has a brick paver floor and has had the same coat of wax on it for 16 years and still looks pretty good. Shiny but not too shiny.
edub20
Duck South Addict

Postby edub20 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:08 am

we ended up going with a buckeye product called cirene. it's a penetrating sealer and really didn't help a ton with bringing out the color but does form a good barrier for water and stuff. I avoided the poly stuff as mentioned bc of the yellowing. I also was told to maybe give the wax a shot also but wasn't sure where to start there.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Return to “General Discussion Forum”