Botched engraving job

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
SB
Duck South Addict

Botched engraving job

Postby SB » Mon May 16, 2016 10:16 pm

Can a botched engraving job be fixed on a knife blade? If it can, who can fix it? Contact info please.
leadsthebest
Veteran

Re: Botched engraving job

Postby leadsthebest » Tue May 17, 2016 6:48 am

Can you post a pic?
SB
Duck South Addict

Postby SB » Tue May 17, 2016 7:46 am

I haven't received the knife yet. I should get it this week though. I didn't want anything engraved on it as I was going to have the engraving done locally. Oh what one can get into when going through a friend to get something done..... The friend called me yesterday to tell me about the engraving, so I just said I will see what I can do to fix it to keep peace among everyone.
Scott Baker
teul2
Duck South Addict

Postby teul2 » Tue May 17, 2016 8:37 pm

depending on how they finished the surface, at worst I would think that the engraving could be polished (lightly ground) off and then start over.
Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
SB
Duck South Addict

Postby SB » Thu May 19, 2016 7:51 pm

Update - Received the knife in the mail today. How can I get "Matt" removed and who can do a good job at removing it? It isn't deep engraving.
Scott Baker
booger
Veteran

Postby booger » Fri May 20, 2016 4:25 pm

Todd Davison in Koscisuko can do it, not sure if he does this "low end" ho-hum repair. He's pretty uptown fancy now. Worth a call or email though.

http://www.tadscustomknives.com/contact.html

Can't help you by mentioning my name though. My wife brought in a former co-worker who needed a place to stay, I kicked crazy woman out a few months later, she latched on to Todd like a barnacle, then spiraled into hell from there. :roll:
Them ducks is wary. We now resume our regularly scheduled forum melee in progress.
regishay
Duck South Addict

Postby regishay » Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:30 pm

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."
- General Macarthur

Return to “General Discussion Forum”