Tragic in Madison

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
jacksbuddy
Duck South Addict

Tragic in Madison

Postby jacksbuddy » Thu May 12, 2016 12:50 pm

This is one of MY biggest fears. And since my little Angel starts there on Monday, I'm really not sure how it will be when we get there. Prayers for this family. This little girl was probably in the same class my little Angel will be joining.

http://www.wapt.com/news/central-missis ... e/39500334
Nobody owes you anything.
Smoke68
Duck South Addict

Re: Tragic in Madison

Postby Smoke68 » Thu May 12, 2016 12:56 pm

This kind of stuff hurts to read. Happens every summer. And it can happen to ANYONE.

"Well we don't rent pigs and I figure it's better to say it right out front because a man that does like to rent pigs is... he's hard to stop" -Augustus McRae
DoublePslayer
Veteran

Postby DoublePslayer » Thu May 12, 2016 1:36 pm

My wife's cousin runs that daycare. Prayers for all those involved.
De inimico non loquaris male, sed cogites
Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything." Harry S. Truman
gps4
Veteran

Postby gps4 » Thu May 12, 2016 2:19 pm

Nashville boy invents device to remind parents of children in hot cars

http://wkrn.com/2013/07/18/local-boy-in ... -hot-cars/
SB
Duck South Addict

Postby SB » Thu May 12, 2016 3:44 pm

Yes, please lift all those involved up in prayer. It makes my stomach turn thinking about it. I can only imagine what it if felt like when the mother heard the day care workers say she wasn't dropped off that morning. My hear aches for them. What happened to them and other people scares my wife and I. We normally try to text whichever one of us is dropping the kids off to make nothing was forgotten. Yesterday, I had thought I had left my sandwich at home when I saw it in my truck at the close of business. I wondered if it was still OK to eat as I didn't think it had got that hot. It got hot enough to take the life of a child. My heart hurts for these people.
Scott Baker
lilwhitelie
Duck South Addict

Postby lilwhitelie » Thu May 12, 2016 5:55 pm

I can see how this happens to some especially those that don't do it everyday but I wonder how much cell phones play in roles similar to this??? What do you see when you are at a stoplight, even driving, passing people walking, sitting in a room at a family event etc. Everyone is on their phone distracted by social media email etc and it's easy to get sidetracked. There is a reason I get a notice every month that I must upgrade my service from atnt or I will lose service. Yes I still have the old nokia. I can only text and call. No pics, no internet, nada. What I notice and what bothers me is at family functions etc the kids are now glued to their phones. I know I am the minority not conforming but .........I'm hanging on till atnt cuts me off.
HRCH JB'S LIL WHITE LIE
bulldog ducker
Duck South Addict

Postby bulldog ducker » Thu May 12, 2016 6:47 pm

My wife was there and walked into the daycare with the mother that afternoon to pick up the kids. Rach had to go out to the car and see if Caroline was still alive. The mother is a wonderful person that made a terrible mistake that will be with her for the rest of her life. We do not know them personally but my wife and her pick up about the same time every day and they got to know each other through the kids. It has been hard on my wife and I can't begin to imagine what the family is going thru. No sense in judging... What is done is done. Prayers will be needed do for a long time for that family.
cwink
Duck South Sponsor

Postby cwink » Fri May 13, 2016 7:08 am

Prayers go out to the family and especially to that mother. The loss of a child is difficult enough without having to deal with the added emotions that this family will be facing for a long time..
http://safefireshooting.com/
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them"
-George Washington
bustercat64
Veteran

Postby bustercat64 » Mon May 16, 2016 3:57 pm

This happened to friends of our family several years ago, might be the worst thing I have ever seen happen to a family. All I can say is prayers and more prayers and friends have to be there for them.
yourmanwm75
Veteran

Postby yourmanwm75 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:28 pm

I was wondering if anyone knew if charges where brought against the mother?
bulldog ducker
Duck South Addict

Postby bulldog ducker » Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:15 pm

It was to be presented the the grand jury but they were not expected.
HR Dutch Charles Sampson Bearden ( Charlie)

Return to “General Discussion Forum”