New atv

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Seymore
Duck South Addict

Re: New atv

Postby Seymore » Tue May 10, 2016 4:38 pm

I agree with staying away from a deep drop or very extended rear rack. I've seen many OEM racks break under the weight and the extended lever effect. Winch is definitely a must. LED aftermarket light are great as well. I have a double row six inch flood and two six inch single spots. If you get LED light bars be sure to check if they are flood or spot. I'd recommend the dual bars that have both.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin.

Those who can do. Those who can't get on MSDUCKS and try to convince everyone they can.
js
Veteran

Postby js » Tue May 10, 2016 4:47 pm

Thanks for the responses guys thinking about a viper max 3500lbs and maxxis bighorn 2.0 going with the independent rear suspension for the ride comfort mostly going to be used for trail riding. Would you get a winch with steel cable or the synthetic rope.
Seymore
Duck South Addict

Postby Seymore » Tue May 10, 2016 5:39 pm

Rope. Steel stores energy and if it breaks under tension releases that energy in the form of the wire flailing everywhere possibly causing injury. That's why it is suggested that a piece of carpet or rubber be placed over the wire to help dissipate the energy. Synthetic rope doesn't store energy and if it snaps it just falls to the ground.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin.

Those who can do. Those who can't get on MSDUCKS and try to convince everyone they can.
js
Veteran

Postby js » Tue May 10, 2016 6:45 pm

Thanks
GulfCoast
Duck South Addict

Postby GulfCoast » Wed May 11, 2016 8:59 am

I had to defend a lawsuit once where a steel cable broke and decapitated a worker. I now ONLY run rope. YMMV.
So many ducks, so little time....

HRCH (500) UH Ellie Mae MH (2005-2017)
HRCH Tipsy MH
Zsa-Zsa Puppy
DuckBoat
Veteran

Postby DuckBoat » Wed May 11, 2016 8:11 pm

Go with the viper elite or warn. The max is not sealed and will give you problems with moisture in it.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”