Do You Agree or Disagree With Curt Schilling Firing?

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
fireplug
Duck South Addict

Re: Do You Agree or Disagree With Curt Schilling Firing?

Postby fireplug » Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:44 am

How do you like your Hope and Change?
Seymore
Duck South Addict

Re: Do You Agree or Disagree With Curt Schilling Firing?

Postby Seymore » Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:57 am

My understanding is that he didn't "post" the meme but rather shared it with the comment, “A man is a man no matter what they call themselves. I don’t care what they are, who they sleep with, men’s room was designed for the penis, women’s not so much. Now you need laws telling us differently? Pathetic.” Granted, there is a fine line between post and share.

I don't think his comments was necessarily that egregious in that it is more an indictment on the state of society and common sense. Everything is now open for one group or another to be "offended" and demand compromise and accommodation. We are now to the point in this country where everything anyone says or writes has to be tempered with the thought of what group can turn that comment to their advantage. I would argue that it is not so much these groups being particularly offended as much as a way to twist what was said or done into a way to get their issue moved to the top in this 24 hour news cycle that we have today. It wasn't that long ago, before CNN, where the only national news was the 5:30 national news casts and there wasn't but “X” amount of time.

I also think it is a generational thing. I find that my daughters are more comfortable with things than my wife and I.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin.

Those who can do. Those who can't get on MSDUCKS and try to convince everyone they can.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”