What do you think......

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
dos gris
Veteran

What do you think......

Postby dos gris » Tue Jul 17, 2001 10:34 am

is an acceptable price for the following duck lease:

This hole is located in Tensas Parish, LA (good flyway, close the the MS river). The lease consists of a 1/4 mile long green-tree break that has some small open water shooting that extends out into a corn field on the end. So, you have some timber and some open water (though small) possibilities. The break has a 25 yard opening throughout that will be planted in Jap. and brown-top millet. There will be one standing blind furnished for the open water section. There is a well and water control structure so water is guanteed and controlled to desired level.

Additonally, there are dove hunting rights included. The hole is located in the middle of 600 acres of corn. There is also one deer stand adjacent the break that is included.

The nearest blind is about 8oo yards away.

Give me your ideas and suggestions.
laduck
Veteran

What do you think......

Postby laduck » Tue Jul 17, 2001 1:04 pm

I have hunted in Tensas on Lake Yucatan east of Newelton. My friend has a camp there (behind the levee and on the lake ). When the water at Vicksburag reaches 22 or better the hunting is as good as it gets. I don't think that you could go wrong there. Have a great season.

Shoot them sprigs on their first pass!
mallardchaser
Duck South Addict

What do you think......

Postby mallardchaser » Tue Jul 17, 2001 11:02 pm

EMAIL ME AT chps0@allstate.com..i have a camp nearby..
Anatidae
Duck South Addict

What do you think......

Postby Anatidae » Wed Jul 18, 2001 1:05 pm

'Sounds like a good spot....we're North of there in East Carroll Parish and also at Talla Bena.....'anxious for the season to get hear....that whole area is a magnet, as long as the water's right.

If you can lock that spot in, I'd be quick about it....folks 'startin' to get the bug, ya know. Good spots are worth what you're willin' to pay for'em IMHO. Good Luck!
Lazy Drake
Veteran

What do you think......

Postby Lazy Drake » Wed Jul 18, 2001 1:25 pm

If you are thinking about leasing it better get moving, 3 days ago the farmer we leased our field from had 2 fields left. He leased the other two fields up in one day. We got his last field, lucky he held it for us. People are starting to get the duck fever! Cant wait for the season to get here.

Lazy Drake

Return to “General Discussion Forum”