The Day Has Finally Come To MSU

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
sab316
Veteran

Re: The Day Has Finally Come To MSU

Postby sab316 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:02 am

When I went to school there there was none of this. I graduated highschool in '07. My best friend and roommate for 4.5 years (redshirted that first semester in the dorms...... so to speak) was black. I would say my hall in McKee was half / half black and white, and we were all really good friends. Our room was set up the best and we had a open door deal, people always came in and sat down and I'm still friends with alot of those guys today.

Hell my last year in a apartment I was the only white person in a 4 bedroom apartment. We didn't look at it as black and white. We looked at it as being friends, that's all we were. I made black jokes, they made white jokes we laughed because we knew nobody was serious.

My favorite was one Friday night they were having a party and I was finishing up the last of a project on CAD. I open the door to my room and walk out into the living room and people turn to look at me, and I just say "Son of a bitch it got dark in here!!!". Everybody kinda got quiet until my best friend fell out laughing and everyone else joined in. I hung out with them all night and is still one of the more fun nights I had in Starkville.

People need to get past all this $#!+. White people, black people, everyone. White people are racist, black people are racist... Its tiring and old. I don't understand how people can't just get along... We're all people... We all have our own difficulties and challenges in this world and life is enough of a pain in the ass without all this crap going on.
teul2
Duck South Addict

Postby teul2 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:31 pm

Our country is soft. Soft in a way that I fear will only be cured with a catastrophe (close to home war, large scale natural disaster, etc).
Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
Rice
Duck South Addict

Postby Rice » Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:50 pm

I wish there was a way to see how much pell grant each of them get...go to college broke THEN you'll understand somebody not loving you
A man who won't has no advantage over the man who can't.
mossyisland
Duck South Addict

Postby mossyisland » Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:07 pm

Return to “General Discussion Forum”