C-Spire Fiber to the Home

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
msudawg8087
Duck South Addict

C-Spire Fiber to the Home

Postby msudawg8087 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:27 am

Currently have DirecTV (2 TVs) and Comcast internet and don't think I would spit on either if they were on fire. Bad customer service and the bills have crept up over the last 2 years of these contracts. Could save about $30 per month if I bundled C-Spire's fiber TV and Internet package based on their internet prices. It's been in our neighborhood for about 6 mos. Anybody have it? Pros? Cons?
SHERMANATOR
mossyisland
Duck South Addict

Re: C-Spire Fiber to the Home

Postby mossyisland » Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:43 am

I have heard nothing but good things about it.
donia
Duck South Addict

Postby donia » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:12 pm

we just got it (after the rest of the neighborhood waded through the initial issues). coming from local cable (tv and cable internet), the dvr capabilities are far and above with cspire. we do get digital blips (digital signal loss lines??) from time to time, but from seeing some posts on nextdoor neighborhood forum it is much better than it was in the beginning. we've got tv/internet/home phone bundle and it is cheaper than when it was separate with metrocast and att...we also get a whopping $10 discount for having 2 cellular lines (one since '94 or '95 and one since '98 and they could give a rip about a "loyal customer").

so far we like it and, (again) for now, it is saving money...too new to be trying to guess if they'll flip and start inching cost of services up incrementally, as all other providers have.
Experience is a freakin' awesome teacher...
ShotgunSP
Veteran

Postby ShotgunSP » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:22 pm

My opinion is extremely biased, but I want it bad. It's not yet available in my area and it's killing me.
YazooValley
Veteran

Postby YazooValley » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:33 pm

We've had it for a couple of weeks. So far so good. Cheaper than Comcast. The TV picture is better than Comcast's. The internet always works, unlike Comcast.
msudawg8087
Duck South Addict

Postby msudawg8087 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:43 pm

All good news. I've heard the picture quality won't be as good as DirecTV but I'm okay with that if it means I don't have to put up with them or Comcast anymore.
SHERMANATOR
mshunter77
Duck South Addict

Postby mshunter77 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:48 pm

SB
Duck South Addict

Postby SB » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:05 pm

Anyone know what CSpires plan are for the future on expanding this? I wish I could sign up for it.
Scott Baker
eSJay
Duck South Addict

Postby eSJay » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:46 am

"Sir, I never take a chance when shooting waterfowl...
I believe in hitting him very hard with big shot from a big gun....."

-Nash Buckingham
quackhead11
Veteran

Postby quackhead11 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:50 pm

Funny you posted this - I have had cspire fiber since last summer, and just yesterday, had the cspire TV service installed after months of debating. We have been with Direct TV for over 10 years, and I have been very pleased, but when my bill finally got close to $130 a month, enough was enough. As things stand with Cspire, I am paying $140 month and that is both internet and TV.

I have been nothing but pleased with the cspire internet service. Because the internet is fiber-optic, as far as speed, it will be much faster than what you have and will not get bogged down when multiple people are using it. As for the tv, the first thing I noticed with cspire, was that the picture on the HD channels seemed a little crisper than Direc TV, and I am not sure if that has anything to do with satellite vs. fiber optic or if I am just imagining that. However, as some have mentioned, I have seen an occasional blur that seems to make the picture appear non-HD for a brief second and and then clears up. It does not happen much, but I have noticed it a time or two since the service was installed yesterday. I will let you know if anything changes, but I am very pleased so far.

For what it is worth, call Direct TV and see what they will do. Before I cancelled, I called to see what they could do, and they said all they could do was knock $5 off my bill. Called this morning to cancel, and they said if I haven't signed a contract with cspire (which I haven't), they would knock $45 off my bill each month through the end of the year. I am going to just hold tight and give cspire a shot, because I have been pleased so far and we also have cell phone service with them as well.
T2D2
Regular

Postby T2D2 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:49 am

Return to “General Discussion Forum”