flowood hotels

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
tazdog
Veteran

flowood hotels

Postby tazdog » Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:42 pm

Needing recommendations on some where to stay that wont break the bank but is safe and decent. We will be coming for 10yr old state baseball tournament in June
SB
Duck South Addict

Re: flowood hotels

Postby SB » Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:01 pm

Flowood is a good area. I feel safe there. I don't have any recommendations for hotels. I don't know about their costs but would think they would be more on the expensive end. There are two in Brandon that might be cheaper but are 15-20 minutes from Flowood.
Scott Baker
tgran00
Regular

Postby tgran00 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:31 am

I've stayed at the Holiday Inn there several times. It's safe, clean and usually pretty quite. Runs about $120 a night.
regishay
Duck South Addict

Postby regishay » Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:10 pm

As far as hotel in flowood, just stay around the dogwood area. Holiday inn, comfort inn, hampton inn, candlewood suites, are all safe and in decent area as long as its close to the mail. There is a hilton Garden inn that should be finished by june also.

There is a couple of hotels closer to jackson, off tree tops, Econo lodge which is newer of the two and best western plus. Theres a new hotel in richland, Hampton inn. right across the street from Whataburger, also new. If your looking for a cheaper rate.

Dont stay at the Sleep inn in flowood, close to the airport, and dont stay at any of the hotels in pearl unless its the marriott by the movie theater

any other questions feel free to PM me.
"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."
- General Macarthur

bustercat64
Veteran

Postby bustercat64 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:55 am

I always stay at her Comfort Suites behind Kroger it is around $100
peewee
Duck South Addict

Postby peewee » Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:14 am

Peewee
cwink
Duck South Sponsor

Postby cwink » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:15 am

Find the best deal you can find in the Dogwood Area which will be at the corner of Lakeland Dr and Old Fannin Rd. Lots of good hotels and restaurants there.. You may be able to find some better prices a little farther out of Flowood. Not sure exactly where you will be playing at but here is the general boundary area that I would get my Hotel in would be.

No farther East than Airport Rd/Hwy 475 or Old Fannin Dr
No farther South than I-20
No farther West than Hwy 471
No farther North than Spillway Rd

Anything in this box will be safe and within 15 Minutes of the Dogwood area. Keep in mind they are doing construction on Lakeland Dr in the Dogwood area so it can get a little congested there..
http://safefireshooting.com/
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them"
-George Washington
tazdog
Veteran

Postby tazdog » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:59 am

thanks guys that was what i was l was looking for
arduckslayer
Duck South Addict

Postby arduckslayer » Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:59 pm

I stayed at the Econolodge on 25 across from Ruby Tuesday's back on New Years Eve. Nice, clean hotel. Didn't have any issues there. Standard breakfast (waffles, eggs, sausage, biscuits, pastries, cereal, fruit) was provided and adequate for me.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”