Flood waters.....!!!

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
peewee
Duck South Addict

Re: Flood waters.....!!!

Postby peewee » Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:19 am

Praying for all affected.
Peewee
mossyisland
Duck South Addict

Postby mossyisland » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:24 am

Wow! When I posted those pictures of the alligator last night, I didn't even take the time to read your post. I am very sorry to hear about your house. Anything we can do to help?
3spop
Veteran

Postby 3spop » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:21 pm

Thanks for your prayers. Just got back from boating another load of stuff out of the house. Put the truck up on blocks. Got 15" flowing through the house now and the Sunflower continues to rise.
brake man
Veteran

Postby brake man » Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:50 pm

3spop,

I am so sorry to read about your house flooding and am praying for you and your family. We lived through a flood and recovery in 2010 and I remember the stress and strain of the flood. Please PM if you would like, and I will be glad to send you my cell number if you would like to talk. Please remember your family is safe, stuff can be replaced, and the Lord is in control. Not knowing where the water will stop is hard on your heart, mind, and emotions. Showing back up to your house the first time after the flood is also challenging at best. Remember to breathe as you go hour by hour and day by day as the stress and anxiety can be overwhelming. Above all, pray the Lord will give you, your wife, and family strength, peace, and (as odd as it seems) joy in the current situation and what will likely be long days ahead. I would like to talk with you if you are interested.

For those not directly affected by the flooding but are close by, please know the flood victims can really use your help not just now but in the coming days and weeks. Once the water goes down, families get to start rebuilding, and the demo of walls, floors, HVAC units, ductwork, etc. will begin, many families could really use hands-on help. Can't do demo work but can go buy and deliver cleaning materials, heavy brooms, homemade brown bag lunches, Popsicles, or similar items, then do what you can. Families will forever appreciate even seemingly small acts of kindness.

Praying for you and your family!
brake man
Hambone
Duck South Addict

Postby Hambone » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:20 am

3spop
Veteran

Postby 3spop » Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:52 am

That's a link to a short video I made yesterday. Good news is the Sunflower fell a little last night. Bad news is there are some emergency spillway about to go over I heard.
Deltamud77
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltamud77 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:31 pm

3spop, my prayers are with you.
Warren
Duck South Addict

Postby Warren » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:01 am

I moved everything out of my house yesterday. It wont be long before I will have to boat in or tractor in. I have a levee around my house, but the water is all the way around it and rising. I have people telling me we will be safe and it wont get over my levee, but then I have people telling me that it will. I live south of Darlove. I am not a stressful person, but I can't sleep nor eat. Any rain water from here on out I will have to pump out.
DanP
Duck South Addict

Postby DanP » Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:12 am

Warren
Duck South Addict

Postby Warren » Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:42 am

I hope it does. I talk to some of my neighbors who say it will be fine, then I talk to some who say we are screwed. ha

Return to “General Discussion Forum”