fees increasing

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
fireplug
Duck South Addict

fees increasing

Postby fireplug » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:12 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Ms pass a constitutional amendment saying hunting and fishing was a constitutional right? Doesn't that null and void the need for a hunting / fishing license?

Don't bash me, I plan to buy mine to help the cause, but I wonder why the legislature is taking this up when the constitution says it's a right so you wouldn't need a license?

http://www.ms-sportsman.com/details.php?id=4279
How do you like your Hope and Change?
maverick21
Veteran

Re: fees increasing

Postby maverick21 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:18 pm

Not sure, I've had a lifetime license since 93 and both my boys have one and they aren't 2 yet. Mines paid for itself easily, I hate they did away with the $200 for kids under 2 but I understood. It was a steal.

I don't see a future where they will ever decrease.
JaMak84
Duck South Addict

Postby JaMak84 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:45 pm

deltadukman: "We may not agree on everything, but we all like t!tties"
booger
Veteran

Postby booger » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:33 pm

As far as constitutional issue, no license needed, fuggetabout that. I'll let others give us a constitutional law opinion.

But I've got a fee problem on several levels. If you're asking for my money, it's business, so I need business financial reasons that logically explain why ANY organization needs more.

Every school district, every police department, every frigging government entity wants more money and just telling me it's 'cause we need more people, stuff costs more, and we haven't pinched you that much lately, ain't gonna cut it for me. I don't care if it's one damn dollar.

I need to hear license sales totals used to be "X", sales are down, the projected sales each year for the next ten years is "Y". Thus, we project that if we raise it by $$ we will have funding for the next ten years as $$$, and this will allow us to produce the following results: 50 new officers, 20 new boat ramps, etc. etc. etc. Also, here is our plan of action to increase license sales back to previous levels, (or at least prevent further erosion) etc. etc.

I'm a businessman, just like the rest of you. Have you ever been to a meeting or seen a proposal where somebody just says "I need XX dollars more" and everyone says okiedokie. Hail no.

If all of this has been spelled out somewhere and I missed this information someone please guide me there before I rant any further and look really stoopid.

When we were blessed with the "state duck stamp tax", I thought that was going to make rainbows happen everyday, whut happened?

If I can get a logical comprehensive financial explanation, I might be convinced, but until someone provides that, they can pound sand. It's hard to get someone new introduced to the sport, after you explain what all they must purchase, Uh-maybe later.

Also, raising out of state fee's, wait a minute there too. Right now it's an uneasy Mexican standoff on raising fees for out of staters, if we go up, unofficial reciprocal agreements come into play, then every bordering state goes up. It's going to hurt me, I hunt out of state as much as in state. Now I've got a double increase.

Same with deer tags, screw that. I'm the worst deer hunter on the forum. But how ridiculous to tag a dear. I can tell you that if I drop a fat nanny at dark thirty, am I supposed to cram a tag in it's ear? Then, even my lazy self could have it skinned and quartered with a buck knife and a bush hook in an hour. Do I pull the tag out of the ear and toss the tag in the cooler or do I dump the tag off of gut bucket ridge with the rest? When can I throw it away? Answer: After the state gets my tag money. I guess that I'm missing something.

And another thing....................Can you remember when you could launch a boat for free? Yes, that's right free, wow, you pay taxes everywhere, Pitman-Robertson is a good place to start. Then "they" ("they" represents any government entity) said "Well, what about a dollar a day to launch? This is all we need, lot's of upkeep you know, $hitters full". Lot's of people just said that'll be fine with me, it's only a dollar, about the price of a bag of chips, woopity doo.
Now it's $3.00 daily, and in the interim they came up with an optional annual fee, seasoned citizen special annual fee, golden ticket America pass permit, something else too I forget.

Let's just say it'll be $5.00 pretty soon. And if you forget to pay the fee and/or fail to hang the tag on your mirror, or otherwise screw it up, you get a ticket. Just great, have a nice day.

All this bull$hit because people rolled over for a dollar.
Them ducks is wary. We now resume our regularly scheduled forum melee in progress.
SB
Duck South Addict

Postby SB » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:16 pm

Scott Baker
hntrpat1
Duck South Addict

Postby hntrpat1 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:35 am

booger
Veteran

Postby booger » Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:50 pm

To be fair I just saw this posted on the MDWFP website:
http://www.mdwfp.com/media/297191/2015_ ... report.pdf

Looking at page 12, towards the bottom, WOW!!!, the non resident license sales generate 3 million more dollars on just 1/3 the individual sales of resident licenses. Did I word that correctly? :oops: Non residents spend a lot of money here.

What will it cost to drop a boat in the water and just go hunt in 2030? Or will you have to be drawn? :shock: Remember the Fed stamp went up too. What's next, state duck stamp tax, WMA fee?

2030, that's only 14 years from now.

Some of us can remember when you only needed a small game and Federal stamp. No WMA fee, No state duck stamp tax, No boat launching fee's. We killed a lot of ducks too.

I'm not anti MDWFP, but they really need a public relations person to get out front of this bill and explain the money side. Otherwise, I can't support this, or it'll be $300 in 2030.
Them ducks is wary. We now resume our regularly scheduled forum melee in progress.
stang67
Duck South Addict

Postby stang67 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:03 pm

Any fool can see the public hunting opportunities provided by our state are getting more and more numerous. Canemount is a WMA now, for Heaven's sake.

I kid. Seriously, what's the old house at Canemount being used for now? Inquiring minds...
hntrpat1
Duck South Addict

Postby hntrpat1 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:50 am

Government big whig throw downs They get crunk up in that mug #turndownforwhat
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:09 am

driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George
SB
Duck South Addict

Postby SB » Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:22 pm

Scott Baker
arduckslayer
Duck South Addict

Postby arduckslayer » Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:39 pm

LODI QUACKER
Duck South Addict

Postby LODI QUACKER » Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:10 pm

I say Burn the non res license fee up! look what Arkansas has done to us non residents the last few years. It would prob be cheaper to get caught with no lic than buying the oos lic in AR.
SB
Duck South Addict

Postby SB » Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:11 am

Canemount's big house and 40 acres can be bought if your interested. A great opportunity for a bed and breakfast business.
Scott Baker
420 racin
Veteran

Postby 420 racin » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:32 am

Return to “General Discussion Forum”