Trump

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
JaMak84
Duck South Addict

Re: Trump

Postby JaMak84 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:35 pm

This whole Trump fiasco reminds me of a quote from "The American President"

Lewis: "People want leadership. And in the absence of genuine leadership, they will listen to anyone who steps up to the microphone. They want leadership, Mr. President. They’re so thirsty for it, they’ll crawl through the desert toward a mirage, and when they discover there’s no water, they’ll drink the sand."

Sheperd: "Lewis, we’ve had Presidents who were beloved, who couldn’t find a coherent sentence with two hands and a flashlight. People don’t drink the sand because they’re thirsty, Lewis. They drink it because they don’t know the difference."
deltadukman: "We may not agree on everything, but we all like t!tties"
davidees
Duck South Addict

Postby davidees » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:12 am

Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:19 am

driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George
cwink
Duck South Sponsor

Postby cwink » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:22 pm

I look at it this way. For years people have been saying that we should run a true conservative instead of a moderate and also they are so tired of politicians that are funded by special interest groups .. A moderate McCain couldn't beat Obama a moderate Romney couldn't beat Obama and there are few other "non politicians" that have the fame or fortune to actually make a run at president. So here we are with a true conservative in Ted Cruz and a non politician in Trump, and we are all still complaining about our options?? Neither are my first choice, but sometimes we get what we ask/vote for.

At this point we are going to have to see how it plays out.. If Cruz or Trump can't beat Hillary then what?? A true conservative can't win, a non politician can't win and we are stuck with 4 year with one of the most scandalous political families in the white house again.. You can complain about Trump or Cruz or whoever is left to face Hillary but if you don't go vote GOP in November we will no longer be on the slipper slope, we will have been pushed over the edge with little hope of getting our country back..
http://safefireshooting.com/
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them"
-George Washington
JDgator
Duck South Addict

Postby JDgator » Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:38 am

lilwhitelie
Duck South Addict

Postby lilwhitelie » Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:01 pm

HRCH JB'S LIL WHITE LIE
4dawgma
Duck South Addict

Postby 4dawgma » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:12 pm

I feel like I'm in an episode of the Twilight Zone every time I watch the news. Just dropping in while I's in town for copper tubing, corn and ammo. Ya'll have fun with all that.
Where'd who go?
davidees
Duck South Addict

Postby davidees » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:30 pm

mossyisland
Duck South Addict

Postby mossyisland » Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:22 am

levi127
Duck South Addict

Postby levi127 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:21 pm

May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face, and may the wings of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars.
Cheers, Georgie.

Spectra Shot Rep
Mojo Dealer
Bettis Custom Calls Pro Staff
jacksbuddy
Duck South Addict

Postby jacksbuddy » Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:50 pm

I finally sat down and read all of this thread, and I've gotta say, to answer your original question, that I will be voting for the GOP.

I would like to vote for a democrat, but I have three things that prevent me from doing so. A brain, a backbone, and testicles.
Nobody owes you anything.
rjohnson
Duck South Addict

Postby rjohnson » Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:29 pm

Going take my swing with Trump assuming the Congressional cronies don't somehow screw him and the people out of the nomination. I am sick of the Establishment telling us who to vote for only to do absolutely nothing to improve America when we gave them the majority in DC. I was still bitter over the Cochran/McDaniel thing and the way they are acting now towards Trump is only solidifying my hate of them. I will never vote for a Democrat but EVERY DAMN REPUBLICAN up for re-election in the coming years can guarantee they WILL NOT GET MY VOTE. It's time for some turnover in DC to give us a fighting chance to keep the Democrats from digging us further into the hole that we are just barely able to see out of now.

My second choice would be Cruz. If he had come out with more fire in the beginning and captured the audience and anger like Trump has done so far he would have probably already sewn up the nomination. I think he was being too much of a politician for too long. Rubio is just too juvenile in all aspects. Kasich seems to be ok but I think Hillary would destroy him.

Everyone freaking out about what Trump might do wrong needs to calm down. There is only so much he will be able to do without Congressional support much like our current dumbass in the White House. So we are looking at worst case 4 more years of nothing getting accomplished, best case he figures out how to work with Congress and get something useful accomplished, or even something in between would be a breath of fresh air. I feel like it will be a huge improvement for our country however if Trump is elected.

Side rant here I am so embarrassed by the actions of all candidates in the debates I can't stand to watch more than 5 minutes of them. They should only do 2-3 of them next cycle to avoid making all Republicans look bad. They all appear completely childish and just want to talk over each other. Pretty sad IMO.

Second side rant this election cycle has shown me that our country is starting to bubble over with anger. I have had good friends spew some of the most hateful things at people who didn't agree with their choice of candidate. I have seen people act in horrible ways I would have never imagined them acting when discussing politics. I'm not sure we don't see a fever pitch of this and total break down in the next few years. There is a lot of once hidden and suppressed hate and animosity bubbling to the surface. Maybe it needs to spew over and let's get whatever it is over with so we can move on. Bourbon time!

Return to “General Discussion Forum”