outdoor cooking area

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
quackhead11
Veteran

outdoor cooking area

Postby quackhead11 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:19 am

I have a 12 foot area off the patio and I was thinking about bricking it in for a cooking area for a gas grill and a big green egg. Trying to stay very plain and inexpensive. For any of you who have done this or had an outdoor kitchen built, any advice or suggestions on who to use or tips you learned, or what works best? Other than paying for the brick work, I need to buy a new stainless grill - any suggestions on what type of stainless grill to use and that hold up best in the elements since it will be uncovered? I have gone back and forth on it for a while - one of the concerns I have, is that the area is uncovered. Anyone else have one in an uncovered area?

I really appreciate any help.
teul2
Duck South Addict

Re: outdoor cooking area

Postby teul2 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:25 pm

Buy a good grill cover and you should be good on longevity of the grill. Make sure it is dry before you cover it though.
Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin

Return to “General Discussion Forum”