It sure is Monday!!!

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
cwink
Duck South Sponsor

It sure is Monday!!!

Postby cwink » Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:40 pm

It started going downhill just after midnight when the 3 YO and climbed into our bed. A short while later the projectile vomitting started. If you have never experienced this late night puking phenom, then you just don't realize how fast middle aged parents can jump out of a bed, scoop up a toddler and whisk them off to the bathroom at the first gurgling sounds of an oncoming food fountain. After the initial blast, we were able to get him back to sleep, but needless to say we were both on guard and didn't sleep much.. Shortly after dawn it started again and the wife decided she would stay home. So I woke up the 10 YO and got him ready for school and then dropped him off, ran by the bank and then the gas station. As I started pumping gas, I realized the pump was real slow so I set the auto lever on and decided to slip back into the truck and listen to the radio and drink my coffee in the quite peaceful puke free truck and not worry how long it might take to fill up the beast.. While I sat there enjoying my quiet time I noticed the dash lights starting to grow a little dim and just as the pump shut off, the lights went out.. Dead battery..

Luckily, I was right across the street from a tire and auto place, so I walked across the street and got them to jump my truck off. Figured since I needed some new tires, oil change, window motor repaired I might as well just get it all done at once. I leave my truck with them and I get them to drop me off at the Puke Palace. As I walk into the garage I am almost flattened by the smell of diaper de la diarrhea sitting in the garage. At this point I am thinking I should just catch a ride back to the auto repair place and wait out the repairs there, but since I have a conference call at 9:30 I decided I better brave the battlefield.

I jump on the call and find out they are restructuring our team and while I will loose my Manager title, I still get to keep my job and pay, but the change will likely double my work load and I will be a 1 man team go forward..

Just as the call ends, the wife says, I think the baby is better and she is going to jump in the shower.. 5 minutes later Pukeapalloza returns.. The baby is screaming, I am trying to keep the puke in a general vicinity of the sink and my cries for help are drowned out by a hot steamy shower.. Just as I get the puke hole plugged and the baby in the bathtub the wife emerges to help.

So with the baby in good hands, I head back to my home office just in time to answer the call from the auto repair place.. Looks like I need a little front end work too.. Total bill is going to be $1,950.00 :? :? :( :( :( :(

So I say might as well get it all fixed while it is there. And I told them to call when the truck was ready and I would bring my wife's car to get an oil change too.. About an hour later I run up there to swap vehicles and the guy spots me pulling up, he says the tires on my wife's car are about done for.. It took everything I had to hold it together at that point and I told him. I have spend enough for the day and he agreed and gave me a free oil change on my wife's car..

An hour later, the wife says she has to go up to work for a little while to get ready for a meeting tomorrow. The baby has been fine most of the afternoon so I said sure.. Just as soon as we get settled, my boss starts emailing about some things they need ASAP, and I start to pound the keyboard.. My cell phone starts ringing on a few people wanting to pick up some guns and just about the time I start to pull it all off, the fountain of puke returns, this time all over the couch and floor at about the same time a customer pulls up to buy a gun..

At this time, I call it quits for the day.. I called the cubscouts group and said I can't lead the meeting tonight, I have to clean up puke for the 5th time, help my 10 YO with his math homework, heat up some left over mexican food and crack open a steady stream of Coors light.

It sure was Monday!!!.. But I know how lucky I am to have these problems.. There are many much less fortunate than myself.. Sometimes you just got to shrug it off and smile :) :)
http://safefireshooting.com/
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them"
-George Washington
Seymore
Duck South Addict

Re: It sure is Monday!!!

Postby Seymore » Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:45 pm

Ah yes the projectile vomiting from Hell. Been there and done that. Remember standing in the middle of the driveway washing blown chunks out of bedding at 3 in the morning. Cop stopped asking if I was ok. It is odd to see a grown man watering the driveway at 3AM. All I said was kid, vomit, and bedding He replied with a knowing laugh and told me to proceed. I replied that wasn't he to protect and serve, come help. He laughed as he drove off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin.

Those who can do. Those who can't get on MSDUCKS and try to convince everyone they can.
novacaine
Duck South Addict

Postby novacaine » Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:27 pm

That sound of something about to emerge from deep down.....................I tore up a bedside table and lamp trying to dive out of the direct line of fire.....
I remember it like it was 18 yrs ago.......
Bless you. :D
"You didn't happen to find that on the side of the road did you?"- One Shot
jacksbuddy
Duck South Addict

Postby jacksbuddy » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:23 pm

I sure hope the kids feeling better. The only thing you left out was the child crying because they thought they had done something wrong and you were going to be mad at them for making a mess. :oops:

BTW, I love your attitude. :lol:
Nobody owes you anything.
3spop
Veteran

Postby 3spop » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:11 pm

Trials of life. I love your last line man! I think God allows these things to happen to remind us just how blessed we are. It usually takes a while to see it that way though. (I struggle with it daily) I guess I need lots of reminding, because I have those kinds of days and worse all too often. Remember the patience of Job.
hntrpat1
Duck South Addict

Postby hntrpat1 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:01 pm

Sounds like my last two days but a lot less money
regishay
Duck South Addict

Postby regishay » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:59 pm

You know I needed this read the other day, but didnt have time to post so i thought Id post now. I have had bad days, but damyum. Worst I could say was when my now 10 year old came into our bedroom when he was about 3-4, He wanted in the bed since he didnt feel good. He proceeds to step over me, straddled above me and then starts to puke all over me. Red chucks, of god knows what, raining down on me when I am half asleep. After the onslaught, the wife just looks at me and says I will clean this up, you go get in the shower. I think we tossed the sheets since it looked like a massacre from the red stained cool aid vomit. :lol: :lol:
"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."
- General Macarthur

Return to “General Discussion Forum”