Ask Ducksouth Amazon?

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Seymore
Duck South Addict

Ask Ducksouth Amazon?

Postby Seymore » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:22 pm

Any of you use Amazon on a regular basis and if so are you having any problems. We have been using Amazon for several years for a bunch of stuff. Wife and kids even have Kindles through Amazon. Never had a problem. In the last two weeks I've had two bogus merchants. One advertised a well known and respected product and switched it with a cheap Chinese clone that broke as soon as I used it. Second merchant shipped a package to AZ and instead of MS and they won't answer emails. Amazon has made good on both issues and given a $20 gift card for my trouble so I don't really have any problem with how they handled it. I did tell the agent it was more than a little disconcerting. She said she had filed 4 claims today and I was the fifth and she had definitely seen an increase in this sort of garbage.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin.

Those who can do. Those who can't get on MSDUCKS and try to convince everyone they can.
mfalkner
Duck South Addict

Re: Ask Ducksouth Amazon?

Postby mfalkner » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:44 pm

Never had any issues, use it all the time
southdeltan
Veteran

Postby southdeltan » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:59 pm

Never had a problem with them aside from a package my wife ordered was missing a few items (was some supplies for art or something) and they credited her for the missing items (more than they cost individually). Their customer service is great. I don't typically buy stuff from Amazon Merchants - try to stick to Amazon and whatever is Prime.

I've had 2 major issues with eBay. The first was a seller who had pictures of iPods and description but in the fine print it was just a mp3 player. Barely got that sorted in time for Christmas. The other time my wife bought a used MacBook and when we opened it it looked like somebody took a sledgehammer to it. Guy blamed us. I work with the Sheriff's wife and Sister-in-law - both of them and my boss were in the office when I opened it (UPS knows I worked there so called me when they delivered to the school). Box was fine, computer wasn't. eBay sent us a box and told us to mail it back to the guy (they paid). Once the USPS verified they delivered it to him they refunded all of our money.

Needless to say, I've been happy with both.

I have friends that use Prime to buy everything - including toilet paper. It's cheaper, no tax (for now) and has free 2 day delivery.
edub20
Duck South Addict

Postby edub20 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:25 am

no issues here and I've been a prime user for a while.
Last edited by edub20 on Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
DeltaCotton12
Duck South Addict

Postby DeltaCotton12 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:04 am

Use them on a regular basis. No issues here either.
mlj300
Veteran

Postby mlj300 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:21 am

Never had an issue, use them weekly. Pretty much everything i order is a prime offer fulfilled by Amazon, i'm sure this makes a difference.
Only Those Born & Raised in Nort East Mississippi Will Know Exactly What i MeanTo Those Set Adrift Amidst BrokeDick Rednecks,Radical Pentecostalism,Moonshine Bootleggers and PusserMania,There are Two Kings to Choose From-Elvis or Jesus.
-Jimbo Mathus
ACEINTHEHOLE
Duck South Addict

Postby ACEINTHEHOLE » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:50 pm

I as well order everything prime. Not to hijack thread, but the the Amazon Dash buttons are the bomb!!!
Casie Page

lipsplitter39654 wrote:
... an old man with a gun will kill you if you mess with him ...
duramax
Duck South Addict

Postby duramax » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:20 pm

I use it ALL THE TIME for waaaaay too much stuff. I'm a bona-fide Amazon addict and have had 1 or 2 minor issues among a bijillion transactions that went smoothly. I've heard rumors of one thing or another such as a hair curling iron my wife wanted and there were very mixed reviews on Amazon for it. It was either 5 out of 5 reviews, or 1 out of 5 claiming they got cheap knock offs from the Amazon vendor. Hard to tell if it really was a cheap knock off, or whether that product just had dodgy quality control.
Support the Fair Tax!

"I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six."
Seymore
Duck South Addict

Postby Seymore » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:07 am

Customer service has been great so I've got no complaints with Amazon at all. Rep said they have my back with the A to Z guarantee and they got my money back within 24 hours just like they said. Rep said it happens and they'll handle the fraudulent seller. Sure enough both were gone within 24 hours as well.

My wife and two oldest girls keep their Kindles smoking buying books. Told them one day some Amazon employee is going to look at my account and see their books and then my hunting and fishing stuff. They are going to picture some Bubba sitting in a deer blind or bass fishing, reading a romance novel, while duel banjos play in the background. :shock: :shock: :shock:
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin.

Those who can do. Those who can't get on MSDUCKS and try to convince everyone they can.
peewee
Duck South Addict

Postby peewee » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:49 pm

Peewee

Return to “General Discussion Forum”