Ask DS truck bed lights

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Re: Ask DS truck bed lights

Postby Wildfowler » Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:55 am

Hey that just made me think of something. Does anyone know if the cargo light has its own fuse? You could probably tap into that and use the switch on your dashboard. Or tap into that wire?
driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George
Smoke68
Duck South Addict

Postby Smoke68 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:27 pm

"Well we don't rent pigs and I figure it's better to say it right out front because a man that does like to rent pigs is... he's hard to stop" -Augustus McRae
teul2
Duck South Addict

Postby teul2 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:10 pm

Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
matador1
Duck South Addict

Postby matador1 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:17 pm

Ok, got everything I need. Went out tonight to check my 7 way plug for constant power, 2014 F150. Even with lights on I got nothing according to my multi-meter. I looked through the owners manual at fuse schematic. There are several fuses for that plug, left turn, right turn etc. but not one specific to the hot wire. What am I missing?
Your resident mortgage loan officer. You've got a friend in the business. http://www.adamblack.net
Deadeye
Duck South Addict

Postby Deadeye » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:37 am

On my 2011 F150, my 7way did not come from the factory ready to use. In the glove box was a relay that had to be inserted in the fuse panel under the hood. Why Ford does this I have no idea but it seems to be constant. I can't remember the relay port number but if you Google it you'll find a ton of info regarding this. It's how I found out. Also, there is a F150 iPhone app that comes in pretty handy.. it's basically a forum that owners post questions to and readers answer.

You will have a 12v lead (constant hot) to the 7way, you can use a test light with a ground or multimeter to find it.
Hope this helps.

Dead
I ain't a veternarian, but I know a horses booty when I see one!
matador1
Duck South Addict

Postby matador1 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:09 am

Your resident mortgage loan officer. You've got a friend in the business. http://www.adamblack.net
edub20
Duck South Addict

Postby edub20 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:33 pm

My understanding is that it's only needed in the Ford if using with trailer brake. but like deadeye I installed mine back when i got it.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
matador1
Duck South Addict

Postby matador1 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:18 am

Got all my stuff from Amazon this week and installed today. Think I'm gonna like this a lot.

Deadeye
Duck South Addict

Postby Deadeye » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:45 am

Oh yeah, I dig it. Looks great. Gonna do the same thing.

So did you wire it directly to your hot on the 7way and did you put it a switch?

Deadeye
I ain't a veternarian, but I know a horses booty when I see one!
matador1
Duck South Addict

Postby matador1 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:24 pm

Return to “General Discussion Forum”