Life Jacket

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
miket
Veteran

Life Jacket

Postby miket » Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:31 pm

Just wondering why anyone would be running a boat and not wear one. Especially in cold water/weather situations. The way I understand it, the young man that drowned this past weekend and the country singer that drowned were not wearing theirs. I had a customer drown duck hunting several years ago at a Ms. river oxbow not wearing his. I don't duck hunt but use my boat a lot deer hunting and we ALWAYS put ours on.The other hunters I see(most being duck hunters at this particular spot) don't wear one. This past Saturday I had a couple of guys fly past us in their mud boat through all the stumps and cypress knees not wearing theirs. Accidents happen and it would be bad enough to be fighting cold water without trying to keep your head above water. If knocked unconscious you won't be doing that. They can save lives.
Rfjeff9
Regular

Re: Life Jacket

Postby Rfjeff9 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:08 am

I have a 12ft john boat and my kids aren't allowed in without a jacket. I put one over my head while underway in the dark.

And I NEVER go faster than idle if I am out of the main channel. I already went swimming once at a little more than idle due to Mr Cypress Stump.

It gave me a new perspective boating on large lakes and rivers near Jackson. Dangerous lake.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small child than to fumble this football" - John Heisman
ScottBrown
Veteran

Postby ScottBrown » Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:29 am

I need a new life jacket that is easy to put on and take off and is comfortable. Does anyone have any suggestions?
ransco33
Veteran

Postby ransco33 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:55 am

Return to “General Discussion Forum”