Don't manipulate your grain

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
dukluk
Duck South Addict

Re: Don't manipulate your grain

Postby dukluk » Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:09 am

I'd guess he probably had many thousands of $$$ dollars in lawyer fees, as well.
WUEAGLE13

Postby WUEAGLE13 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:42 am

so conservation officer was spotted and took off running (?) then they chased him down and he was pointing a gun?

sounds fishy (I was not there) but once identified the warden should have acknowledged his position and made contact

if he pulled a gun on me on my land without probable cause or necessity he would in mu opinion be using "excessive force" and therefore would be seeking his own legal council very shortly

AGAIN, this is assuming that all of this is 100% accurate information
Formerly GREENHEAD ... But I got locked out .... BUT NOW I AM BACK ...
Deltaquack
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltaquack » Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:11 pm

WUEAGLE13

Postby WUEAGLE13 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:02 am

Deltaquack,

again I was not there but if the warden pointed a gun without probable cause or necessity then he violated your buddied rights

when I was in law enforcement, you dang well better be justified in drawing your weapon, now if your buddy and group were chasing him and had their shotguns with them and were yelling obscenities or sounded threatening (probably) then he can claim fear and he was justified in pulling his weapon
teul2
Duck South Addict

Postby teul2 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:54 am

Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
WUEAGLE13

Postby WUEAGLE13 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:54 am

hearsay is tough .... by the time we find out the truth (if ever) the men probably had the warden treed with dogs :lol:
Wingman
Duck South Addict

Postby Wingman » Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:35 pm

ISAIAH 40:31

“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
― Franklin D. Roosevelt
Smoke68
Duck South Addict

Postby Smoke68 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:56 pm

"Well we don't rent pigs and I figure it's better to say it right out front because a man that does like to rent pigs is... he's hard to stop" -Augustus McRae
three11
Veteran

Postby three11 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:03 pm

novacaine
Duck South Addict

Postby novacaine » Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:12 pm

Im all for helping Blair Batson........................i owe them WAY MORE than i paid in medical bills over the years, but................
can i get it in NatGear instead of MossyOak? Toxy already has enough money! :D :D :D
"You didn't happen to find that on the side of the road did you?"- One Shot
skywalker
Duck South Addict

Postby skywalker » Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:38 pm

Deflection tactic........
randywallace
Veteran

Postby randywallace » Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:27 pm

It never fails when someone gets tagged that different stories come out of how it went down. Some paint the officer with a bad brush and some the opposite. One thing for certain here, had the guy wanted to fight the charges he was free to do so. If his rights were violated, there is a court to challenge it.

There aren't too many plea deals with wildly unexpected results. People plead guilty to something to get other charges dropped. Before a judge accepts the guilty plea, he explains to the defendant what the max and min in sentence and fine are. Judge also explains that he isn't bound by any deal, but generally goes with the recommendation of the prosecutor. It can take dang near 30 minutes for the judge just to read a fella all his rights prior to accepting a guilty plea.

If $30k or whatever is too much for whatever the fella did, that is on the legislature if state law or congress if federal. Arguments of "well a drug dealer in the paper only get a $5k fine" are BS. That is crap a child pulls when he gets in trouble and tries to direct attention away from his transgression toward someone or something else. If the penalty for drugs, murder or goat roping are not enough, then change those laws.
Greenhead22
Duck South Addict

Postby Greenhead22 » Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:50 am

I've got no dog in his hunt, just reading between the lines. If I'm an LEO and have a person or persons running at me with guns in tow, then I'm going to be prepared to protect myself at all costs.
RNAIL
Veteran

Postby RNAIL » Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:50 am

http://www.fws.gov/le/stories.html

Check out the one about the TV host fines,,ouch
I'm Retired, leave me alone
420 racin
Veteran

Postby 420 racin » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:04 am

I am all for protecting wildlife, but when you get these stentences/fines for killing a wild animal, but get a few years, if that for killing another person...our justice system is F'd Up.

You can get a $10,000 fine for killing a bear thinking it was a hog, for not knowing your target, but in the same woods in the same stand, you can get off scot free if you kill a person (assuming he wasn't wearing orange, accidental shooting etc..) either way you didn't indentify your target. One kills a bear, you may go to jail and will pay a hefty fine...the other scenario kills a person and it's my bad..

Just doesn't make sense to me

Return to “General Discussion Forum”