Don't manipulate your grain

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
three11
Veteran

Re: Don't manipulate your grain

Postby three11 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:00 pm

I'm sorry if I offended anyone. I don't have an issue with law enforcement when it is fair and just. I DO have an issue with a $30,000 ticket. Period.
torch
Duck South Addict

Postby torch » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:56 pm

I was told by a federal game warden that you must enter and exit the same way as not to spread grain. The safest way to do a standing crop is not to hunt it. I have found that rolled rice fields and just plain old disked up ground is the only way not to manipulate.
Hayes Calls Prostaff
Crazy Anglers Pro Staff
Kick's Chokes Pro Staff
Crappie Logic Jigs Pro Staff
F&F Boats Prostaff
Dakota Decoys Prostaff
LawDawg
Duck South Addict

Postby LawDawg » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:03 pm

I know two people that were involved in this, Wingman and Judge Sanders. I promise that if the guy got a $30,000.00 fine, it was deserved. Judge Sanders is a big hunter and a genuinely fair guy. I know nothing about the case other than that, but knowing those two guys is enough to satisfy me that the punishment fit the crime.
"Yea, I went hunting once. Shot the deer in the leg, had to kill it with a shovel. it took about an hour." - Michael Scott

http://alectaylor.smugmug.com/
Plainsman04
Veteran

Postby Plainsman04 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:09 pm

torch
Duck South Addict

Postby torch » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:16 pm

Hayes Calls Prostaff
Crazy Anglers Pro Staff
Kick's Chokes Pro Staff
F&F Boats Prostaff
Dakota Decoys Prostaff
skywalker
Duck South Addict

Postby skywalker » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:07 pm

I dont think anyone ever said anything 'bad' or out of line toward Wingman. Why cant people be questioned? Comes with the territory of being a pubIic servant. I am a minister, and I get questioned alot, but I sure don't play the 'take my ball and go home card' just because people question my actions. I keep going back to the $30k fine......I don't think I'll ever be convinced that's 'justice' for baiting....no matter how upstanding the parties involved are; common sense seems to be very lacking when it comes to waterfowlers and those who oversee the activities. One question that begs asking is: are other hunters in the area held to the same standards currently and over the course of a career or have some been let to slide? I appreciate all who serve the public, but that does not mean the public may not scrutinize or request future information.
feather
Veteran

Postby feather » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:03 pm

"Locked, cocked and ready to rock, doc"..Ted Nugent
BIG TIMBER
Duck South Addict

Postby BIG TIMBER » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:15 pm

To me it's the Fact that these fines for wildlife offense's have gotten out of control! It's amazing that people still hunt with all the grey area that are in the laws. There is no way that you can convince me that a $30,000 fine fits the crime of running over corn stalks that proab didn't have 20 kernels left on them. I have been on the other end of a $#!+ fine, Like I said before its all going to hell in a wheelbarrow and the government is pushing it!
Last edited by BIG TIMBER on Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Heres to Long Legged Women, Banded Greenheads, and Long Spurs!!!
maverick21
Veteran

Postby maverick21 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:38 pm

Deltamud77
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltamud77 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:05 am

Somewhat of a different topic, but certainly applicable is what the Feds are also doing to the Gulf Fishery. They use bogus data to make it impossible to actually enjoy the Gulf for recreational fisherman. The Fed waters snapper season for non-commercial fishermen is 2 days. As recently as 5 or 6 years ago, it was basically all summer. They have done the same for a multitude of other species that are arguably overpopulated (like the trigger fish) as well.

The only logical conclusion that I can reach is that the feds actually don't want you hunting or fishing. When you look at the fact that a large majority of the Washington bureaucrats making these decisions are bleeding heart progressives, it makes perfect sense.

As to the case at hand, the guy did take a plea to these two offenses. Common sense tells you that he agreed to this fine to avoid something much more severe. That tells me that he got caught doing something that likely would have put him in jail and they dropped that charge in view of the plea.
420 racin
Veteran

Postby 420 racin » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:05 am

"I've also dealt with some A-holes who were just dorks flexing a badge who would give a ticket to the pope"

So Maverick, It sounds like you have meet our game warden around Vicksburg!!!
maverick21
Veteran

Postby maverick21 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:17 am

Ha, well I've met many from all over the state!

I think one thing we can all agree on is we need some cold weather and more birds.
GrizwalD
Duck South Addict

Postby GrizwalD » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:26 am

Attachments
image1.png
COON HUNTER
wudduk
Regular

Postby wudduk » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:42 pm

Why would the game warden choose to write this guy up for a $30k fine instead of just writing him several "normal" tickets. Because I'm sure other people have been caught doing the same thing and didnt have to pay 30k in fines. Was it something personal for him to throw the "book" at this guy?
torch
Duck South Addict

Postby torch » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:44 pm

Hayes Calls Prostaff
Crazy Anglers Pro Staff
Kick's Chokes Pro Staff
F&F Boats Prostaff
Dakota Decoys Prostaff

Return to “General Discussion Forum”