Don't manipulate your grain

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
LODI QUACKER
Duck South Addict

Re: Don't manipulate your grain

Postby LODI QUACKER » Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:28 pm

Exactly what part of leaving corn standing and then flooding it is "NORMAL AGRICULTURAL PRACTICES"? NONE!!!!!!!!!!

I dont know this guy but this is BS!! I would make a wager that the arresting officer has broken this exact law multiple times every year! I know for a fact that the department and the departments in other states are breaking this law on a daily basis on the draw hunts when they turn the hunters loose with atv's. I know for a fact on daily draw hunts in other states these laws are broken by state employees shuffling handicapped hunters to and back from blinds. This ticket can be written TO ANY AND ALL hunters hunting over flooded crops. Hell they can blame the dam dog if they want to. What are you going to do? You make 50-75k even 100k per year, you are going to hire an attorney to represent you in federal court? With what? House payments groceries, kids,car payments, groceries, medications, and everything else there is no money to pay for federal representation and they know it. People just dont have the money to fight these charges.

After dealing with the crooked biologist and wma manager last year I am seriously considering selling all my crap and giving it up. Selective enforcement, and lazy officers not enforcing the rules on the books and the department making more has just become the norm!!
peewee
Duck South Addict

Postby peewee » Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:58 pm

Peewee
LODI QUACKER
Duck South Addict

Postby LODI QUACKER » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:11 pm

NONE thats my point. You CAN be charged for any of it, its just left up to the Warden on who they want to persecute!
BIG TIMBER
Duck South Addict

Postby BIG TIMBER » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:17 pm

Saw a hunt on TV last night, the hardcore guys were hunting in the delta and it sure looked like crop manipulation to me!! Bet they aren't paying 30,000 fine.

Does this law affect other crops such as Milo, beans, millet?
Heres to Long Legged Women, Banded Greenheads, and Long Spurs!!!
Bercy
Veteran

Postby Bercy » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:59 pm

The law doesn’t seem as complicated as some are making it out to be – certainly not enough to make me stop duck hunting.

§ 20.21 What hunting methods are illegal?
Migratory birds on which open seasons are prescribed in this part may be taken by any method except those prohibited in this section. No persons shall take migratory game birds:
(i) By the aid of baiting, or on or over any baited area, where a person knows or reasonably should know that the area is or has been baited. However, nothing in this paragraph prohibits:
(1) the taking of any migratory game bird, including waterfowl, coots, and cranes, on or over the following lands or areas that are not otherwise baited areas—
(i) Standing crops or flooded standing crops (including aquatics); standing, flooded, or manipulated natural vegetation; flooded harvested croplands; or lands or areas where seeds or grains have been scattered solely as the result of a normal agricultural planting, harvesting, post-harvest manipulation or normal soil stabilization practice;
(ii) From a blind or other place of concealment camouflaged with natural vegetation;
(iii) From a blind or other place of concealment camouflaged with vegetation from agricultural crops, as long as such camouflaging does not result in the exposing, depositing, distributing or scattering of grain or other feed; or
(iv) Standing or flooded standing agricultural crops where grain is inadvertently scattered solely as a result of a hunter entering or exiting a hunting area, placing decoys, or retrieving downed birds.
torch
Duck South Addict

Postby torch » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:07 pm

Hayes Calls Prostaff
Crazy Anglers Pro Staff
Kick's Chokes Pro Staff
Crappie Logic Jigs Pro Staff
F&F Boats Prostaff
Dakota Decoys Prostaff
Roach
Duck South Addict

Postby Roach » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:29 pm

Question for the brain trust...
1) Plant Corn in a big field that will flood or you pump and flood.
2) Pick by hand ALL the corn in a 80 yd circle by blind prior to flooding.
3) knock down the stalks for the sake of argument w/in 60 yards of blind (WITHOUT SPREADING ANY OF THE CORN, because you ate it in August)
4) hunt in downed area

is this legal? no grain was manipulated for ducks?
Bill Collector
Duck South Addict

Postby Bill Collector » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:30 pm

Can someone please tell me the difference between adding corn to water or adding water to corn?
Rule # 1. No Fat Chicks
Rule # 2. Eager Beats Pretty
Wingman
Duck South Addict

Postby Wingman » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:52 pm

ISAIAH 40:31

“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
― Franklin D. Roosevelt
Wingman
Duck South Addict

Postby Wingman » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:56 pm

― Franklin D. Roosevelt
three11
Veteran

Postby three11 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:04 pm

Wingman
Duck South Addict

Postby Wingman » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:11 pm

I'm trying to help but this is what happens: a smart Alec reply. I'm through.

― Franklin D. Roosevelt
Smoke68
Duck South Addict

Postby Smoke68 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:18 pm

"Well we don't rent pigs and I figure it's better to say it right out front because a man that does like to rent pigs is... he's hard to stop" -Augustus McRae
Deltamud77
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltamud77 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:26 pm

Question based on this hypothetical:

You have a 400 acre field that has 50 acres of standing corn left unharvested in a corner. The combine cuts a strip right though the middle of the remaining standing corn. You place a blind on the strip (a harvested strip) and place decoys in the strip. You flood all of the remaining standing corn. You hunt in the blind and kill ducks?

Are you hunting illegally or does not equate to normal agricultural practices?

Thanks
Roach
Duck South Addict

Postby Roach » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:45 pm

Return to “General Discussion Forum”