Ask DS: Boat blind material

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Smoke68
Duck South Addict

Ask DS: Boat blind material

Postby Smoke68 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:19 am

I'm looking to make my own blind, and I found this camo military netting on sale at Cabelas. When hunting from the boat, I'm usually pulled under cypress or up next to tall-grass spots along the river. I'm thinking the netting would be good just to provide an easy surface to attach stubble from the area I'm hunting.

How well do you think this stuff will hold up and work? What about the color, too dark? If you're familiar with the quality of this netting, is it a good price?

http://www.cabelas.com/product/bargain- ... Page%3D108

"Well we don't rent pigs and I figure it's better to say it right out front because a man that does like to rent pigs is... he's hard to stop" -Augustus McRae
drake09
Veteran

Re: Ask DS: Boat blind material

Postby drake09 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:39 am

I've got the same betting on my boat it will last for 3-4 years if don't let rats get to eat it works good for boat I even have some on my skid blinds but I'd check around on prices look on amazon or ebay for better price
Wait wait!! Dam* shouldve shot them
greenheadgrimreaper
Duck South Addict

Postby greenheadgrimreaper » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:35 am

A buddy of mine got his hands on enough to cover 2 20 ft. boats not long after he got back from Iraq and it was the real stuff. I don't know what wound up happening to it all, but it was some pretty rugged stuff- not easy to tear at all.
"The middle of the road is where the white line is -- and that's the worst place to drive." Robert Frost

http://www.pintailduckboats.com/
Deltaduk
Veteran

Postby Deltaduk » Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:56 pm

Think you can still buy Avery boat blind material. Just the material and windblocker. In your choice of pattern.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
teul2
Duck South Addict

Postby teul2 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:24 pm

Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
tha bugman
Veteran

Postby tha bugman » Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:13 pm

Well if it's good enough for the military to duck hunt with I would say it would work fine for the general public

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You ain't killin if you ain't shootin
skywalker
Duck South Addict

Postby skywalker » Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:14 pm

I use the camo netting to cover my polaris and on our boat. Ducks don't seem to notice at all against a Gras and wooded backdrop.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”