Mass shooting (San Bernardino)

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
LODI QUACKER
Duck South Addict

Re: Mass shooting (San Bernardino)

Postby LODI QUACKER » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:41 pm

true. but you shoot, they are scared, you hit they are real scared. I feel like they thought they were anonymous and would go home get more stuff and go kill somewhere else. I think they were trying to get away, not die. They were going for more bombs and going somewhere else to kill. imo
cwink
Duck South Sponsor

Postby cwink » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:43 pm

http://safefireshooting.com/
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them"
-George Washington
LODI QUACKER
Duck South Addict

Postby LODI QUACKER » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:22 pm

ok your are 100% correct..

now, new picture...10-15 ccw holders are carrying... some with 45's now what do the odds go to? Govt jobs? maybe some retired or ex military in that 10 -15. I would much rather be in this situation than a gun free zone.
mshunter77
Duck South Addict

Postby mshunter77 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:30 am

Why I keep an AR in the vehicle. Hopefully my pistol will at least allow me to get to the vehicle.
cwink
Duck South Sponsor

Postby cwink » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:29 am

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them"
-George Washington
duckhunterdoc
Veteran

Postby duckhunterdoc » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:05 am

die. They were going for more bombs and going somewhere else to kill. imo

They would likely never even know you shot!!! There are 90+ people in that room, screaming, running, crying and dying.. Add in the semi-auto gunfire from their ARs and in this case, the fire alarm and sprinklers going off at the same time. Then figure in the adrenaline rush, time dilation, tunnel vision and auditory exclusion brought on by this type of high stress situations they would likely never know you even fired a gun, much less realize they are hit if you were actually lucky enough to connect with a shot. All these things happen to both the shooter and the victim under these events and they all dull the senses and the ability to perform normal functions. So unless you are able to gather some composure and focus on the basics of grip, sight alignment, sight picture, and trigger pull you are only going to be lucky if you hit them...

The number of hits under stress in defensive shootings is about 20%. If your packing a 8 shot semi that is 1.6 hits on target. Add to that that handguns are terrible "people stoppers" and your not in a very good situation here even with a full sized semi auto.. Just keep in mind that everything you see in Movies is WRONG, and most of what you hear at your local gun shop is not accurate as well..

Agree w Wink--I have never shot some one or been Shot at" - But what he is describing fits the adrenaline rush ( not wanted) that I have felt on a " few Close Calls". The closest I have been able to get to practicing for the "real event" is----a competition shoot ( the stress)---or Body fatigue i.e.. shoot 15 rounds at 15 ft (fast) then try 50 pushups 50 sit ups 50 air squats 25 Burpees ( whatever melts you) and shoot again for comparison
lilwhitelie
Duck South Addict

Postby lilwhitelie » Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:00 pm

HRCH JB'S LIL WHITE LIE
cwink
Duck South Sponsor

Postby cwink » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:42 pm

-George Washington
LODI QUACKER
Duck South Addict

Postby LODI QUACKER » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:50 pm

Better they fight with a few holes in them. You shoot, u may die, but you may die if you dont, then many more die. I would rather have 15 regular guntoters with no training than 0 guntoters when it hits the fan...
booger
Veteran

Postby booger » Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:52 am

You used to be able to figure you had one scenario to be prepared for, something like one bad guy at the ATM or your home backdoor. Things have changed.

When Pearl Harbor was bombed everybody woke up, took their head out of the sand, and was either drafted or signed up, and started killing.

Each radical muslim jihadi attack is just one small bomb, not a major event, it seems to get "investigated" and forgotten.

I'm not Rambo, but I've decided that if I suddenly find myself in an allah ahkbar maelstron of lead, I'm returning fire and not retreating into the bathroom. My decision has been made, my wife knows it, everybody knows it. Good men will have to die to keep our freedoms. I hope that I have the courage to do just that, I dunno, but I'm hoping everyone will adapt the same game plan. Bringing a pistol to an AK fight is a major whoopsie, but hell, if you find yourself already there, what the fork.
If I get whacked, I hope my magazine is empty and the scene looks like this, Syed Farook humping asphalt virgins in a pool of blood.

When Yamamoto bombed Pearl Harbor his quote (although the internet research police may disagree) was essentially "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve." Until all of America wakes up, gets a backbone, we are screwed.

KEEP CALM AND RELOAD
Them ducks is wary. We now resume our regularly scheduled forum melee in progress.
booger
Veteran

Postby booger » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:11 am

Oh yeah, another thing, rant continued: On September 11th, as events began to unfold I had to pull myself away from the TV and get to work. I had no idea what was going to happen next.

Would I look up to the sky and see Chinese paratroopers?

Would every able bodied man be called upon to secure every bridge, railroad, airport, tunnel?

I loaded the car down with 1,200 rifle rounds, all of my unloaded magazines and a capable long gun and went to work. I realized then that an unloaded magazine is useless, weak springs ain't gonna happen in my lifetime.

WE HAVE NO IDEA WHAT WILL HAPPEN NEXT BUT IT WON'T BE INCENSE, PEPPERMINTS PEACE AND LOVE, GETTING ALONG AND MY FAVORITE................."WE NEED TO ALL COME TOGETHER".
Them ducks is wary. We now resume our regularly scheduled forum melee in progress.
stang67
Duck South Addict

Postby stang67 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:48 pm

Yall got it good. I can't even have a firearm in my vehicle at work. Makes it tough to keep one close.
LODI QUACKER
Duck South Addict

Postby LODI QUACKER » Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:14 pm

Sure you can. if it goes in front of the right judge it really doesn't matter what the Company rule book says.

Just don't get caught.
cwink
Duck South Sponsor

Postby cwink » Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:35 pm

-George Washington
ransco33
Veteran

Postby ransco33 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:24 am

Return to “General Discussion Forum”