To catch a thief- Jon Benjamin Ruscoe of Oxford

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Don Miller
Duck South Addict

To catch a thief- Jon Benjamin Ruscoe of Oxford

Postby Don Miller » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:58 am

All hell just broke loose at the Wooley Swamp. Just caught a guy stealing decoys and other hunting stuff from my camp and Po Monkey's camp while we were here. Lodi Quaker detained the perp at fist point until the Leflore Co. Sheriffs Dept. showed up. Jon Ruscoe of Oxford MS is the guy's name and he works for or owns Southern Turf Management Group. He is now being held in the Leflore County pokey and will likely be charged with trespassing and Grand Larceny on Monday.
Last edited by Don Miller on Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:30 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"I'd still like to stick that shotgun up a mallard's as$ and pull the trigger!"---FRITZ RUESEWALD @ 93 years old...(The Arkansas Duck Hunter's Almanac, pg.91)
teul2
Duck South Addict

Re: To catch a thief- Matt Ruscoe of Oxford

Postby teul2 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:14 am

Hope he is the SOB that has BRF's poke boat.
Glad yall caught him.
Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
Don Miller
Duck South Addict

Postby Don Miller » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:41 am

He is damn lucky someone didn't happen to walk outside with a loaded gun at the time. The decoys of Jimmy's that he stoled were hanging on a nail in their boat house directly above where his outboard was stolen from. Coincidence?
He stoled Smokin Joe's 6 wonder ducks and a sack of decoys from under my cabin while Joe was laying in the bed directly above them. Crazy! This went down about midnight. Luckly Lodi and others took a recon drive to the Scatters ramp to see who was there and on the way back to the cabin saw the perp's truck abandon next to his cabin and investigated. Long story short. They blocked the road and questioned the guy and his story of what he was doing didn't add up. He was detained by the Wooley Swamp boys until the S.O. arrived.
Book'em Dano!
Last edited by Don Miller on Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I'd still like to stick that shotgun up a mallard's as$ and pull the trigger!"---FRITZ RUESEWALD @ 93 years old...(The Arkansas Duck Hunter's Almanac, pg.91)
dukluk
Duck South Addict

Postby dukluk » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:52 pm

Last edited by dukluk on Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
novacaine
Duck South Addict

Postby novacaine » Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:23 pm

What was he doing over in this area (other than the obvious..........stealin peoples stuff)?
Weekend duck hunting/stealing trip with his buds over in the delta?

Sounds like he knew what he was doing.........till he got caught.
"You didn't happen to find that on the side of the road did you?"- One Shot
Don Miller
Duck South Addict

Postby Don Miller » Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:43 pm

I can't believe he would be so brazenly stupid to steal from three very heavily armed duck camps when everyone was in camp. I've even got a camera up that he had to see that says, "Smile you're on camera". It didn't deter him one bit. We suspect that this may be the same guy that stoled a trolling motor from me and two custom pirogues and a 25hp Yamaha outboard from Po Monkey's camp back around Labor Day. I suspect he has done this sort of thing before.
Denduke
Duck South Addict

Postby Denduke » Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:00 pm

Lodi quacker fist point sounds whole lot worse than gun point.... :lol:
dukluk
Duck South Addict

Postby dukluk » Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:14 pm

Last edited by dukluk on Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Don Miller
Duck South Addict

Re: To catch a thief- Jon Benjamin Ruscoe of Oxford

Postby Don Miller » Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:18 pm

nm
Last edited by Don Miller on Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don Miller
Duck South Addict

Postby Don Miller » Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:57 pm

The perp's name is actually Jon Benjamin Ruscoe. My mistake. I was given several fictitious names.
Don Miller
Duck South Addict

Postby Don Miller » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:09 pm

Just confirmed from the S.O. that Jon Benjamin Ruscoe was born August of 1989. That would make him 26 years old.
missed mallards
Duck South Addict

Postby missed mallards » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:34 pm

Wow. Know his family fairly well. Haven't seen him in years. Glad he's turned out ok!

Hate a thief! Hate he took that road in life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If I don't do it, I ain't gettin nun.......So i'm doing it
bmanning3
Regular

Postby bmanning3 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:08 pm

It may not be him, but there is a fella with the last name ruscoe who is known for slashing tires, breaking into, and dismantling trucks that get stuck at sardis. Oxford ain't that big, so I would imagine we are talking about the same winner.

missed mallards: do you know if he has any family or friends around jasper county? I had a fourhwheeler And a duck boat stolen from my house in oxford a while back and I'm starting to wonder if the same perp might be involved. The fourwheeler was recovered in jasper county but the boat never was found. They cut 3 locks to get to the boat and two chains to make the fourwheeler roll. I was buying a new battery for the fourwheeler so there is no way it would have started. That means they had to drag it by hand from the back of my house and then push it onto a trailer in my driveway (after they cut my trailer ball lock, chain, and cable off my boat that was sitting in the front yard. The balls on these low life people surprised even the detective that handled my case. Any info would be greatly appreciated. I know the boat is long gone, but I'd sure as hell love to make whoever took it pay for what they did.
Deltamud77
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltamud77 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:55 pm

dukluk
Duck South Addict

Postby dukluk » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:48 pm

So, I guess we can assume the perp is originally from Leland, since Missed Mallards knows him and the family???

Return to “General Discussion Forum”