Ok...What's Yall's Take On

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
420 racin
Veteran

Ok...What's Yall's Take On

Postby 420 racin » Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:29 pm

This crap in Missouri State with the "hunger Strike' guy and the football team "protesting" and all that caca?

I say let him starve and kick em off the team. Revoke their scholarships and send them packing. Is this the kinda of $#!+ that is coming to College's across the nation? I mean Ole MIss already caved a bunch of times with Col Reb and the Black Bear and the flag and all that, USM is a bunch of pussies too when it comes to the flag "debate".

What do yall think abotu this junk?
GrizwalD
Duck South Addict

Re: Ok...What's Yall's Take On

Postby GrizwalD » Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:16 pm

We are heading down a baadddd road.
COON HUNTER
hntrpat1
Duck South Addict

Postby hntrpat1 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:26 pm

rjohnson
Duck South Addict

Postby rjohnson » Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:36 pm

Deltamud77
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltamud77 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:42 pm

Situational Awareness on the Topic:

(1) No claims of racism have been authenticated as actual racism on the campus;
(2) There have been two complaints about racism on campus this year to the university PD - though neither substantiated;
(3) The student body, over 80% white, just elected a homosexual black male as the SGA president; and
(4) the hunger striking graduate student's family is worth north of $20M and he has been a frequent participant in social activism (a.k.a., civil unrest) across the country (i.e., he is a professional protester with deep pockets).

The Mizzou football team and coach got played like a cheap fiddle.

This all started with the university cutting medical insurance coverage for graduate students, gasp, because of rising premiums under Obamacare. The irony.
maverick21
Veteran

Postby maverick21 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:10 pm

Complete BS from people looking for a reason to be offended. All of their "demands" have been met yet they are still protesting because the president wouldn't acknowledge his "white privilege". It wouldn't hurt my feeling of the whole thing got more coverage just to show the one sidedness of the so called "offended"
Deltaquack
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltaquack » Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:37 pm

lilwhitelie
Duck South Addict

Postby lilwhitelie » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:20 pm

What ya bet MSU takes down the state flag now???? This is just a small snowball that will grow with each time a complaint is raised. Seemed the main issue that was proven was a feces nazi symbol on a bathroom wall. Why weren't the Jews the ones demanding someone be fired?. And where does this stop?? The small minority tells majority what to do regardless of facts. Anyone see where riots were planned for the guy that died in police custody in Jxn??? Was supposed to be this weekend. Hopefully that was avoided by them issuing a statement he died of drug overdose. Wonder if that did happen how bad it could get and would that force all the fondren folks out. This world we live in is getting worse by the day.
HRCH JB'S LIL WHITE LIE
yankee
Veteran

Postby yankee » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:19 pm

Every one of those scholarship ball players would have been out in the street if I had a say. They are there for a free education and are striking? In the bigger picture, this is a frightening precedent.
Long Cut
Veteran

Postby Long Cut » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:52 pm

University blinked 1st in the stand off game. As stated earlier they have now set a precedent and others at other institutions will exploit this. I am willing to bet that if officials at mizzou had called said hunger strikers bluff then he would have at some point realized that he was real real hungry and caved in to his bodies natural desire to eat and he would have thrown his "cause" out the window to save his own starving booty. The USA is supposed to have a policy that we don't negotiate with terrorist for a reason. When they see you cave in once they will realize they can exploit you for everything you have. This is no different with the group at Missouri. The administration was basically bullied and terrorized by the students, admin got scared flinched and the rest is history and history will repeat itself elsewhere.
JDgator
Duck South Addict

Postby JDgator » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:55 pm

I have zero tolerance for racism. I usually sympathize with people who are oppressed. But this case is different in two ways. First, there is no consensus as to what specifically is being protested. Second, there are no specific, actionable demands.

You can't hold a person accountable for systemic racism. By its very definition, systemic racism is series of attitudes perpetuated by a society. One person cannot be punished for systemic racism. And we can't regulate an end to racism. So the protests will go nowhere.
merlebo05
Duck South Addict

Postby merlebo05 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:35 pm

these liberal minded colleges are easy targets to make progress to further their agendas
khound22
Veteran

Postby khound22 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:08 am

I'm so disgusted I cant even comment..........
DanP
Duck South Addict

Postby DanP » Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:26 am

cwink
Duck South Sponsor

Postby cwink » Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:58 am

I have been trying to follow this story since it hit the news and to be honest I have been confused about what has led up to the Presidents resignation. I think it is important to be informed before I comment so I read this article

http://www.theatlantic.com/national/arc ... ri/414870/

And here is my take on it.

If these students think they have "won" they are in for a huge disappointment when they leave their cushy college life.

If someone shouts racists remarks at you while you walk "near" campus, or someone in a car "bumps" you as you surround their car in a mob like scene or you feel unsafe because some idiot decides to paint a swastika on a bathroom wall with last nights dinner then you are going to be in for a rude awakening when you leave campus.

I am sorry you are offended but we have people getting beheaded because of their religion, we have gangs killing 9 year old kids in Chicago, we have veterans that will die waiting to get into see a doctor at a VA hospital, we have police officers getting shot and killed just because of the color of their uniform. You want to really feel unsafe? Go back to 1950 when Blacks were fighting and dieing just to be able to go to the college you now attend..

Suck it up buttercup, if you think life is unfair now, you are in for a real shock when you enter the real world!!!
http://safefireshooting.com/
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them"
-George Washington

Return to “General Discussion Forum”