FYI - Bayou Classic Ceramic Grill

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
dawg-n-duck
Duck South Addict

FYI - Bayou Classic Ceramic Grill

Postby dawg-n-duck » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:58 pm

I bought the ceramic grill almost 8 years ago and have been extremely pleased with it. Recently, I moved and cracked the fire bowl and fire ring in the process. So, I called Barbour International to purchase replacement parts. Apparently, they are no longer making the cypress grill and only have "warranty parts". He asked how old the grill was and I told him that I had purchased it shortly after they hit the market. He informed me that the warranty was only good for 5 years and I was out of luck. I asked to purchase the needed parts and he declined. I then asked for recommendations for replacement parts and he suggested I try Amazon, Lowes or Home Depot.

If you have a ceramic made by Bayou Classic, you might need to buy backup parts as they are very difficult to locate and I imagine will only become non-existent. They have lost my support, but I am looking forward to trying out the Primo XL.

FYI: For you gator hunters out there, I hear Bayou Classic is coming out with an alligator proof cooler in the near future - better place your order now before they are sold out.
Happy Happy Happy
jdbuckshot
Duck South Addict

Re: FYI - Bayou Classic Ceramic Grill

Postby jdbuckshot » Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:10 pm

this sucks big time.

sucks to pay $700+ for a product and then have no support.

I wish now I would have bought the green egg.
"The rich ..... who are content to buy what they have not the desire to get by their own exertions, These are the real enemies of Game."
Natty
Veteran

Postby Natty » Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:22 pm

When I talked to them in February they said they were developing the new grill but it would be at least a year before it hit the market. Thanks for the heads up.
edub20
Duck South Addict

Postby edub20 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:51 pm

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
greenheadman1
Veteran

Postby greenheadman1 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:00 am

I bought one of those Bayou Classics as Lowes a few years ago when they sold them. Got it home and un-boxed it and loaded that thing up and took it straight back. It had hairline cracks all in it and just overall looked like a piece of junk. I went straight to the Big Green Egg dealer and spent $200 more and have never looked back. These things are a good example of "you get what you pay for." Imo
edub20
Duck South Addict

Postby edub20 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:17 am

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Return to “General Discussion Forum”