Wellie Muck Boot

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
yourmanwm75
Veteran

Wellie Muck Boot

Postby yourmanwm75 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:20 pm

Anyone have these saw them at a local store and tried them on. They are super comfortable. Was wondering if someone had some to know if there a good boot for the money. Not the best looking boots to me but they are comfortable. I almost bought them right there on the spot but decided to ask around first.
mfalkner
Duck South Addict

Re: Wellie Muck Boot

Postby mfalkner » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:10 am

opinions are split on Muck boots but I love my Wetlands. Very comfortable to walk in, easy on/off and warm. Too hot for summer. Good traction. Mine have proven more durable than I'd expected; not as tough as Lacrosse Grange or Burly but much, much easier on/off and better to walk in.
mfalkner
Duck South Addict

Postby mfalkner » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:10 am

opinions are split on Muck boots but I love my Wetlands. Very comfortable to walk in, easy on/off and warm. Too hot for summer. Good traction. Mine have proven more durable than I'd expected; not as tough as Lacrosse Grange or Burly but much, much easier on/off and better to walk in.
nez
Veteran

Postby nez » Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:46 pm

I have a pair and very happy with them. They keep feet warm and dry in colder/wet weather and are comfortable to walk in. Tread is better on them than some of the other Muck boots I have that I think tend to get slippery on wet surfaces.
yourmanwm75
Veteran

Postby yourmanwm75 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:45 pm

You do know these are Work Boots not like rubber type boots. I'd post a pic if i knew how.
Caller1
Duck South Addict

Postby Caller1 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:47 pm

Wear them year round. On my 3rd pair in six years
Sound familiar?
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -Thomas Jefferson
From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.- Karl Marx
edub20
Duck South Addict

Postby edub20 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:30 am

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
mfalkner
Duck South Addict

Postby mfalkner » Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:59 am

Right, I was speaking to my perception of Muck boot quality.
cajun squealer
Duck South Addict

Postby cajun squealer » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:23 pm

I've got a pair that are several years (5+) old that I still wear occationally. Like all "waterproof" leather boots, they'll eventually start to leak, but keeping them oiled regularly will extend this time frame. The only other issue I've had with mine is that the internal hardened toe caps (not steel) eventually became brittle and cracked. As the toe cap had collapsed, the cloth lining rubbed against the tops of my toes and eventually wore through the fabric. In all fairness, any cloth lined boot will probably wear through at some point.

All in all, they were very comfortable, and I will likely buy them again.
Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him.
--Willie
yourmanwm75
Veteran

Postby yourmanwm75 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:09 pm

Cool think I'll try them. I just hate being boots that are 150 to 250 bucks and turn out not liking them. Of I don't like them I just will not wear them and wasted my money.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”