UTV suggestions

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
black dog
Veteran

Re: UTV suggestions

Postby black dog » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:37 pm

I know a dealer that sells 4 different brands and they give the Kawasaki Pro-FTX the highest praises
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on" - Dean Martin
Deltamud77
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltamud77 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:30 am

Talked with a dealer. Apparently, the red deluxe Pioneer 1000-5 will be at their dealership this week (I think deluxe means upgraded wheels, tires and paddle shifters). The Camo Deluxe 1000-5 will be in dealership in late November (but there is a waiting list on those once they do arrive).

jtdumallard
Duck South Addict

Postby jtdumallard » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:13 pm

Any feedback on the Pioneer 1000 yet?
"I've gotta run, my unicorn is double parked." Gator
Deltamud77
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltamud77 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:17 am

I looked one over in person. It is without a doubt the most impressive ATV/UTV I have ever seen in person as a stock vehicle. How that plays out into performance, I don't know...but if looks kill...it is a killer. Seems well built, like most honda products.
Matt S
Veteran

Postby Matt S » Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:10 pm

I have a viking and like mine so far. The only negative i see so far is it is a little louder than the other models. but there are some things you can do to quieten them down. I would have considered the pioneer 700 if they would have had a low range. The 1000 should be nice I haven't seen one but talked to someone that has one and he liked it so far.
brake man
Veteran

Postby brake man » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:29 am

The in-laws had a Polaris Ranger Crew 800 for a couple of years until it was stolen several months ago. They just got a new Polaris Ranger Crew 900 and we took it out last weekend when we were at the farm. Not sure what the apparent issues are/have been with Polaris UTV's, but the past one worked like a champ for hunting, knocking around the farm, hauling kids, etc. We are excited to put this one through its paces this season as the last one was very reliable and could easily carry a full load of people and gear in all kinds of conditions in a muddy field.
brake man

Return to “General Discussion Forum”