IPhone SD Card Reader

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
jdbuckshot
Duck South Addict

IPhone SD Card Reader

Postby jdbuckshot » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:28 pm

So supposedly there are some App based programs that allow you to up load data from an SD card to an iphone.

I have one on the way from E-bay - the I-flash SD card reader - it uses the I-flash app.

this would be a great tool for trail cameras

anyone else tried these?
"The rich ..... who are content to buy what they have not the desire to get by their own exertions, These are the real enemies of Game."
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Re: IPhone SD Card Reader

Postby Wildfowler » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:39 pm

I bought something for my iPhone but never could get it to work. After I bought it supposedly there was a software patch and they wanted me to download from an email link from some strange Chinese website which I never would've considered doing. The official app from the iPhone store did not work with my device otherwise.

I don't know why Apple has to make it so hard to use your own data. I wound up with a $50 card reader that works just fine on my regular computer.
driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George
msudawg8087
Duck South Addict

Postby msudawg8087 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:44 pm

Just thinking out loud.....Does it actually store them on your phone or just use your phone as a viewer? Would be worried about space on the phone to store if you actually had to download them and had a bunch.
SHERMANATOR
Smoke68
Duck South Addict

Postby Smoke68 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:52 pm

I looked for this when I had an iphone. Never found one that I was sure would work, and I wasn't about to start throwing around money for something that "might" work.

Now I have an android. I stop by a few cameras in the morning, swap out cards, then look at trail cam pics while I'm in the stand. Pretty cool.

"Well we don't rent pigs and I figure it's better to say it right out front because a man that does like to rent pigs is... he's hard to stop" -Augustus McRae
jdbuckshot
Duck South Addict

Postby jdbuckshot » Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:03 pm

I may have to change to an android. I've had an iphone for a while though
"The rich ..... who are content to buy what they have not the desire to get by their own exertions, These are the real enemies of Game."
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:30 pm

The devise I have is supposed to be a viewer/player or allow you to transfer pics, music, ect to you iPhone. In theory you could have an endless supply of music etc stored on SD cards. For iPad the factory card reader makes you download to the iPad before you can look which seems idiotic to me.

Again, mine doesn't work. I wish it did because it's these little things that make me miss my android.
driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George
3spop
Veteran

Postby 3spop » Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:37 pm

When I had my iphone, I looked all over the net for an sd reader. There were a lot that claimed they worked but I never found any real people that found one that worked. I now have an android and this little $6 dollar reader works with sd, micro sd, and usb. I love it.

dukhntn
Duck South Addict

Postby dukhntn » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:18 pm

I have one that Apple makes. It doesn't work as a viewer (other than to view thumbnails). I have to actually download the pictures I want to view if I want to view the image larger than a thumbnail. I've been using it to check my cameras for the last 4 years or so.
A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul. -George Bernard Shaw
dukhntn
Duck South Addict

Postby dukhntn » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:20 pm

And I actually use mine with my iPad, haven't tried it on the iPhone.
A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul. -George Bernard Shaw
duckkiller
Duck South Addict

Postby duckkiller » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:07 am

I bought one at the apple store for my ipad and love it!
Life is to short to only fish on weekends
duckbuster330
Veteran

Postby duckbuster330 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:11 am

I have the same one from apple. Havent tried it with my iPhone 6, but with the 5 it would say attached device couldnt be used. I use it with my ipad most of the time if i use it. I just ended up ordering an SD card case and a 10 pack of 8g sd cards from Amazon an i just go once a week and swap cards now.
A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.
- Mark Twain
three11
Veteran

Postby three11 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:16 am

I bought this one for my iPad and it works great!
Attachments
image.png
tombstone
Duck South Addict

Postby tombstone » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:29 am

just got one in last night for my Iphone that I had ordered from ebay. You can view the pics but you have to click each pic to open it up. You cant just scroll through them by swiping to the side. It would take quite a while to go through a bunch of pics. IF you want to go through the pics quick get a card viewer or go to wal mart and get a digital camera on clearance. I bought a Nikon 14mp camera with a big lcd screen on the back on Clearance for $70 bucks last year.
There will be a day....
jdbuckshot
Duck South Addict

Postby jdbuckshot » Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:20 am

I have an old Iphone 4 - that the speaker doesn't work - would jail breaking it make it to where it would work with the lightening SD card reader ?
edub20
Duck South Addict

Postby edub20 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:25 am

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Return to “General Discussion Forum”