Initiative 42

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
dukluk
Duck South Addict

Re: Initiative 42

Postby dukluk » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:01 pm

In a nutshell.....we have spent entirely enough on public education in MS....and, absolutely NOTHING has improved over the last 10-20 years....we are still on the bottom rung, and that fact is NOT going to change, I don't care HOW much money is thrown at the situation.
Every public school student has already been GIVEN very expensive laptops and/or ipads, along with every opportunity to learn and excel....more tax payer money is NOT going to improve things.
I'm NOT addressing all teachers, nor all students, here, but it's not a money problem....it's a desire to learn problem.

VOTE NO ON #42 !!!!!
msbigdawg1234
Duck South Addict

Postby msbigdawg1234 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:26 am

As for the Clinton school district yall have prob the highest paid sup in the state and at least over the last 6 yrs I haven't known of a raise to any teachers but has gone to admin.
My name is Rick Daughtry.......

Well, I had a lot of money, but to the city went
I met too many good looking girls and that's where my money went
Yeah I know just where it went
No I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.
Natty
Veteran

Postby Natty » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:54 am

Ol' Bennie T was repping 42 last night on WLBT along with some of his constituents saying "all children should have the same chance regardless of zipcode". That's about all I need to know to determine how I will vote.
peewee
Duck South Addict

Postby peewee » Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:47 am

Peewee
Deltamud77
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltamud77 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:26 pm

Buckwabit
Duck South Addict

Postby Buckwabit » Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:34 pm

^^^ Agree???? I can't even understand him most of the time!!!
Chad Miley

I love the "Ole Man"..Plenty of Birds and No Company...
dukluk
Duck South Addict

Postby dukluk » Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:00 pm

VOTE NO!!!

TAXPAYERS HAVE SPENT ENOUGH MONEY ON PUBLIC EDUCATION....EVERY KID IN MS ALREADY HAS A LAPTOP AND/OR AN IPAD GIVEN TO THEM FREE, ALONG WITH EVERY OPPORTUNITY TO LEARN AND PROGRESS....AND, FOR THE MOST PART, MS HAS SOME VERY GOOD TEACHERS, TOO.

WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THE FEW MOTIVATED STUDENTS, THE REST HAVE NO DESIRE OR INSPIRATION TO LEARN....THAT'S THE REASON MS IS STILL ON THE BOTTOM RUNG OF THE EDUCATION LADDER.

NO AMOUNT OF MONEY THAT CAN BE THROWN AT THAT PROBLEM WILL CHANGE A SINGLE THING.

VOTE NO!!!

HERE IS A PRIME EXAMPLE OF EVEN MORE WASTED TAXPAYER EDUCATION MONEY, AND IT BENEFITS BLACK MALES ONLY....WHY THE H3LL AREN'T UNDER-PRIVILEDGED CAUCASIANS, ASIANS, AND LATINOS INCLUDED, AS WELL???

MS DELTA COMMUNITY COLLEGE AWARDED $3 MILLION GRANT FOR "SUCCESS INITIATIVE"
Thursday, 24 September 2015 14:43

"""Mississippi Delta Community College (MDCC) was awarded $3 million from the U.S. Department of Education through the Predominately Black Institutions (PBI) Program. MDCC applied for this competitive-based grant for the purpose of improving educational outcomes of African American males through the implementation of an Integrated Student Success Initiative. The college will receive $600,000 annually for five years to fund the Success Initiative.

“Students at MDCC will benefit tremendously thanks to this award being provided by U.S. Department of Education,” said MDCC President Larry Nabors. “The College will be able to create a very valuable Student Success program aimed at increasing student achievement.”

The program will identify and address black males’ challenges related to poverty, academic unpreparedness, lack of academic and social integration into the education system, low levels of meaningful student engagement, retention issues, and low levels of achievement.

Through participation in Student Success, Black males will have access to an online student success credit course, educational materials, technology, tutoring, academic advising, counseling, mentoring, career preparation, and cultural awareness services. An online early alert and advising system will provide a means for advisors, counselors, and PBI staff to help black males stay on track and persist to graduation."""
southdeltan
Veteran

Postby southdeltan » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:25 pm

Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:13 pm

southdeltan

I for one sincerely appreciate your reply.
driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George
420 racin
Veteran

Postby 420 racin » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:42 am

This is why my kid(s) will go to Private School
hntrpat1
Duck South Addict

Postby hntrpat1 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:12 pm

"TAXPAYERS HAVE SPENT ENOUGH MONEY ON PUBLIC EDUCATION....EVERY KID IN MS ALREADY HAS A LAPTOP AND/OR AN IPAD GIVEN TO THEM FREE,"

This is total BS! Really????

on the other hand "NO AMOUNT OF MONEY THAT CAN BE THROWN AT THAT PROBLEM WILL CHANGE A SINGLE THING."

This is soooo true. Throwing money at a problem never fixes it. What kills Ms scores and makes them rank so low is all the private schools. Im not saying private schools are a bad thing but when the people (that care about education) in a mid to small level community send their kids to private school we all know whats left at public school, duh. How is money going to fix that???
fireplug
Duck South Addict

Postby fireplug » Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:03 pm

How do you like your Hope and Change?
jkb87
Duck South Addict

Postby jkb87 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:11 am

If it wasn't for bad luck then i would have no luck at all........

"Its hard to be cool when your battery is dead." Anatidae at the boat ramp with a dead battery.

IN MEMORY OF #10

SCOTT LlOYD

1/8/92-4/5/08
Deltaquack
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltaquack » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:49 am

Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:03 pm

http://www.sos.ms.gov/Elections-Voting/ ... ection.pdf

I'm not sure I follow this.

Why do you vote for or against both of these together then vote separately for one or the other? If I previously voted against them both. How am I even eligible to vote for one of them?
driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George

Return to “General Discussion Forum”