Verizon

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
hdforester
Veteran

Verizon

Postby hdforester » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:15 pm

Can we revisit and update the Verizon vs Cspire discussion? Been with Cspire forever but service at my house is crappy and seems to be getting worse. They have promised a booster since like May and I give up- backordered and no one knows when it might be available. Big question is how is the current coverage in the Delta. I'm there too much to not have reliable service. What are your experiences? Thanks.
novacaine
Duck South Addict

Re: Verizon

Postby novacaine » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:32 pm

Cspire coverage in the delta is good ............at least everywhere i have tried it from Tn line to south delta, behind levee, and all points in between.
"You didn't happen to find that on the side of the road did you?"- One Shot
mshunter77
Duck South Addict

Postby mshunter77 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:25 pm

I almost switched to Verizon last year but decided to give Cspire one more chance. Used to cspire was the best deal but now they are all the same but cspire internet speed just seems spotty and not good out of state.
hdforester
Veteran

Postby hdforester » Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:55 am

Yeah I have good service in the Delta which is the only reason I'm still with them. I have to go out in the driveway to talk at my house. Sometimes a text won't even go out from inside. Didn't use to be this way. Is Verizon coverage in Delta comparable to Cspire now?
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:49 am

Every person who comes and hunts with us in Humphries county that complains about their coverage all have one thing in common........

Verizon

Actually to be fair, my cspire coverage is only slightly better at the camp.
driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George
rjohnson
Duck South Addict

Postby rjohnson » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:10 am

Is AT&T good enough in the south Delta? I have grown increasingly annoyed at CSpire's service the past year and a half. I've been with them since 99 and plan to move to AT&T shortly. Can't deal with it any more.
hdforester
Veteran

Postby hdforester » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:23 am

ShotgunSP
Veteran

Postby ShotgunSP » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:47 am

hdforester- I sent you a PM.
jacksbuddy
Duck South Addict

Postby jacksbuddy » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:53 am

We'd gone back to Cspire when the wife got pizzed at AT&T. But they flat out ain't what they used to be when I started with Cellular South.

That said, in Clinton I can't update aps on my phone with Cspire. I have to wait until I'm at work to do any updates.

As for Verizon, I have no clue. My colleagues in Albania hate Verizon. But then, there they say it's the only game in town. So their stuck.
Nobody owes you anything.
hdforester
Veteran

Postby hdforester » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:00 am

js
Veteran

Postby js » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:03 am

If you don't like cspires cust service definitely do not go to AT&T they have the worst cust service in the business if I was to change from cspire I would probably go with T-Mobile.
peewee
Duck South Addict

Postby peewee » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:25 am

I have been pleased with Verizon. I have traveled through alot of the Delta with good success. Behind the levee it is usually weak. 61 South of Vicksburg at my camp is pretty weak also but I live with it due to it being so good most of the places I am at.
Peewee
Greenhead22
Duck South Addict

Postby Greenhead22 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:18 am

I've been with Verizon since CSpire terminated my contract because they wouldn't own up to their "nationwide" coverage plan. I have no complaints with Verizon other than it's a little high. However, I still have the old unlimited plan and refuse to give it up for a 2 yr contract price. I have to pay full price for phones, tablets, etc. My Verizon gets good service all over the delta. Peeps with cspire will borrow my phone because there's doesn't work. Wilson Electronics makes some good boosters. I use a single use 4G booster for home/travel when necessary. Their 4G multi-use boosters are good but pricey.
Matt S
Veteran

Postby Matt S » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:37 am

I swapped from att to Verizon almost 2 years ago because I had no signal with att from my stand north of Vicksburg. A friend with cspire had same signal strength I did tho. Did lose service in south Carrol county once but no one else had service neither.
420 racin
Veteran

Postby 420 racin » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:16 am

C-Spire guy came to my house to show me that their service worked out there (it did not, nor does any carrier have service at my house) but while he was there he told me that C-Spire and Verizon have an agreement where they share towers. So theoretically they shoud dhave the same service. He did give me a loaner phone to try out for a week to see if I liked the service, but it did not work any better than my ATT, which I hate by the way. I have tried to get all the carriers to come install a tower on my property, under a modest lease agreement of couse, but to no avail. ATT customer service is terrible, service is ok.

I find it odd we can talk to a man on the moon and receive pictures from Mars, yet I can't talk on a phone in my living room

Return to “General Discussion Forum”