Arctic cat feed back?

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Greenhead329
Veteran

Arctic cat feed back?

Postby Greenhead329 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:35 pm

I have 3 buddies that have them and love them . Also know of one forestry company locally that uses and likes them as well. Looking for further comments
All I know is... A wise rooster don't bury his head when a chicken hawk is around...he keeps his eyes on his chickens

Dude...Why'd you make the homeless guy pay for supper?
Smoke68
Duck South Addict

Re: Arctic cat feed back?

Postby Smoke68 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:45 am

I've got 2 2000 300 4x4 models. Good machines. Power steering on newer four wheelers has made a big difference in how things are now; Honda steering used to suck. But non PS Arctic Cat 300s are some of the smoothest riding and steering bikes I ever rode on.

"Well we don't rent pigs and I figure it's better to say it right out front because a man that does like to rent pigs is... he's hard to stop" -Augustus McRae
cwink
Duck South Sponsor

Postby cwink » Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:12 am

I had an 05 400 4x4. It was a great bike.. Sold it because I didn't use it.. But I am not sure the newer ones are built quite like that bike was.. It was a brute..
http://safefireshooting.com/
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them"
-George Washington
Long Cut
Veteran

Postby Long Cut » Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:34 am

Not sure about the new models but I bought a 2000 500 4x4 with auto transmission new and ran it for 10 years with no major problems. My only issue with it was that it was really cold natured. It gave me fits starting when temps dropped below freezing. Only reason I ever got rid of it was to get a ranger but I wish all the time that I never sold the article cat.
peewee
Duck South Addict

Postby peewee » Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:51 am

I have a 2013 Arctic Cat Prowler and love it. It does all I need it to do. I use it everyweek for yard work. I don't mud ride etc but do hunt in swamps and haven't had a problem with water up to the floorboard. Mine is a 700 and has plenty of power for me. I have pulled my 14' trailer loaded with aluminum boats and stands around in muddy conditions to get things back to the camp before the river rose too high to access them the bike didn't have a problem pulling it at all. Mine has EFI and power steering and I have never had a problem starting it, even when it was 19 degrees.
Peewee
Matt S
Veteran

Postby Matt S » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:51 pm

Always heard of the 4 wheelers having axle problems. Had a friend with a 07 650 and broke 2 axles without being hard on it. Sold it within a year. Had another with a prowler that had no problems.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”