Wildlife Commission Meeting Next Week

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Up2Early
Veteran

Wildlife Commission Meeting Next Week

Postby Up2Early » Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:28 am

SHR Up2Early's Delta Dawn

Check out my lanyards: http://www.facebook.com/#!/album.php?aid=32696&id=1348690753
donia
Duck South Addict

Re: Wildlife Commission Meeting Next Week

Postby donia » Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:32 am

"MDWFP Commission Meeting

Wednesday September 16, 2015 2 p.m.
Location: Commission Conference Room, 1505 Eastover Drive, Jackson, MS 39211
County: Hinds

For more information please contact Sharon Polzin at 601.432.2009.
sharonp@mdwfp.state.ms.us

Meetings are usually held monthly by the Commission. The date and meeting place are tentative and subject to change, please check back closer to time for confirmation. The meeting is open to the general public and all interested persons are invited to attend.

Any person who would like to comment to the Commission about a specific agenda item must make a written request to the Executive Director at least two weeks prior to the meeting. Speakers will be limited to three to five minutes each and number of speakers may be limited. Only agenda items are considered for Commission action.

If you need special assistance, please call Tamara Jackson, our Americans with Disabilities Act Coordinator, at 601.432.2400
"
Experience is a freakin' awesome teacher...
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:04 am

If anyone is interested in doing that, speaking before the commission, you need to call ahead and ask to be placed on the agenda.

I don't know how much advance notice they need or require?
driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George
donia
Duck South Addict

Postby donia » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:14 am

i don't see a posted date on the link, but it says you must make a request to be heard in writing at least 2 weeks prior to the meeting...and we're 8 days from the meeting. may be s.o.l. at this point.
LODI QUACKER
Duck South Addict

Postby LODI QUACKER » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:06 pm

NOTHING ABOUT THIS ISSUE ON THE AGENDA! but there was nothing on the agenda pertaining to the refuge in August either and this issue was tabled so like Po monkey said, "under the cloak of darkness".
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:33 pm

I would be highly PO'd if I discovered the purchase of this refuge came from state duck stamp monies.

So how does something like this get implemented anyway? I would assume the commission would have to meet to discuss this and vote for the approval of spending the money? What have they done in the past regarding new WMA land?
driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:41 pm

Wait a minute, I guess if this is a donation there won't be any money spent by the state? Perhaps just maintenance of the new refuge?

Either way I would be mad as all get out to know that us poor saps duck stamp money got used in some form or fashion regarding this refuge.
Don Miller
Duck South Addict

Postby Don Miller » Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:23 pm

My question is, did my tax dollars go toward posting me out of a public waterway by the new survey? I know for a fact what a survey like this cost and I don't think I'd be far from wrong by estimating north of $50,000.00. Someone paid for the survey. Who and where did the money come from to do it?
"I'd still like to stick that shotgun up a mallard's as$ and pull the trigger!"---FRITZ RUESEWALD @ 93 years old...(The Arkansas Duck Hunter's Almanac, pg.91)
Don Miller
Duck South Addict

Postby Don Miller » Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:32 pm

Of course Mr. Hosemann is still spewing misinformation. He is adamantly claiming that without the refuge, the weir project could never happen. We all know that's a lie. He tied the two together purposely but they can also be untied and happen without the refuge. This BS just keeps getting nuttier and nuttier. :roll:
"I'd still like to stick that shotgun up a mallard's as$ and pull the trigger!"---FRITZ RUESEWALD @ 93 years old...(The Arkansas Duck Hunter's Almanac, pg.91)
donia
Duck South Addict

Postby donia » Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:46 pm

rjohnson
Duck South Addict

Postby rjohnson » Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:49 pm

Don Miller
Duck South Addict

Postby Don Miller » Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:40 pm

There will be many that will want to be there to speak but can't due to work and other obligations. If it all possible, please attend and let your voice be heard. It's now or never. The choice is yours.
booger
Veteran

Postby booger » Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:22 pm

Them ducks is wary. We now resume our regularly scheduled forum melee in progress.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”