OT - your doctor may go crazy soon

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Up2Early
Veteran

OT - your doctor may go crazy soon

Postby Up2Early » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:04 pm

If you're aware of diagnosis codes and acronyms like ICD mean something to you, you probably know about this, but for the others...

http://www.stlmag.com/health/the-new-icd-10-diagnosis-codes-watch-healthcare-go-crazy/

The number of possible codes right now is 13,000. On October 1, there will be 70,000 possible codes. Don't blame your doc if he goes hunting for a month!

Implementation has already been postponed twice to give offices time to get ready. It looks likely to stick this time around.
SHR Up2Early's Delta Dawn

Check out my lanyards: http://www.facebook.com/#!/album.php?aid=32696&id=1348690753
blgros1
Duck South Addict

Re: OT - your doctor may go crazy soon

Postby blgros1 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:02 am

Postponed to give offices time to get ready, yeah that's what they want you to believe. It's because Medicaid doesn't have their shot together and they could not hit the targeted date originally scheduled as the go live date. I deal with these codes weekly for all my client billing, the crossover is really not that hard on our part, especially if your billing software company is on the ball. The biggest problem I foresee is again Medicaid not having it together and even when we do all the necessary steps correctly, we are still going to get denial codes because of internal glitches. For the offices that could not see the writing on the wall and can not float payroll for a few months until all is straightened out, those are the folks that need to start worring, or hope they have a line of credit already in place with the bank. You should see some of the new codes, there is a code that states something to the effect of "Impalement from flying waterfowl". Look it up
"I don't know what it is bout this time of year, don't know if my lip is to short or my toof is to long, but poooooo my lips is chap chap" poo poo brousard
teul2
Duck South Addict

Postby teul2 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:09 am

Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
rjohnson
Duck South Addict

Postby rjohnson » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:00 am

Rowdy53103
Veteran

Postby Rowdy53103 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:25 am

I had to google it.

It must have happened before if they needed to included it. Y'all be careful out there and and don't miss...it sounds like the ducks are fighting back.

W61.6 Contact with duck
W61.61 Bitten by duck
W61.61XA is a specific ICD-10-CM diagnosis code W61.61XA …… initial encounter
W61.61XD is a specific ICD-10-CM diagnosis code W61.61XD …… subsequent encounter
W61.61XS is a specific ICD-10-CM diagnosis code W61.61XS …… sequela
W61.62 Struck by duck
W61.62XA is a specific ICD-10-CM diagnosis code W61.62XA …… initial encounter
W61.62XD is a specific ICD-10-CM diagnosis code W61.62XD …… subsequent encounter
W61.62XS is a specific ICD-10-CM diagnosis code W61.62XS …… sequela
mfalkner
Duck South Addict

Postby mfalkner » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:50 am

man our world is soooooo messed up.....
teul2
Duck South Addict

Postby teul2 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:18 am

Yea, those duck bites are dangerous.
Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
Deltaquack
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltaquack » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:35 am

blgros1
Duck South Addict

Postby blgros1 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:52 am

"I don't know what it is bout this time of year, don't know if my lip is to short or my toof is to long, but poooooo my lips is chap chap" poo poo brousard
bulldog ducker
Duck South Addict

Postby bulldog ducker » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:16 pm

I was hoping they would postpone it again. We started sending test claims last month and so far so good on our end, it's up to them now. We put money back last year when it was supposed to be implemented and still have it sitting there. I hope the doomsday story's you hear in the rags are wrong and I don't have to have it but we are prepared to not get payed in a timely manner.
HR Dutch Charles Sampson Bearden ( Charlie)
camlock
Duck South Sponsor

Postby camlock » Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:44 am

ICD 10 is gonna be tough...I suspect your medical coders will use small % of the new codes and settle in...

it's not the doctors to be concerned with, it's the coders and therefore the CBO getting paid. Insurance doesn't pay until coding is in and done correctly...
lilwhitelie
Duck South Addict

Postby lilwhitelie » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:52 pm

Will this affect most primary care doctors??? To some degree it will especially on reimbursement. The government is making it harder and harder to collect but they can refuse some insurance companies or the government assistance etc to up their odds of collection. The kicker will be the doctors employed by large hospitals etc. they will be under the gun for every patient not coded correctly and pressure will be on them big time since the doctors get salary vs hospital losing or making money. This could lead to a huge headache in the for profit world and an emergency room setting. Wait times, treatment, etc could be delayed due to their hands being tied doing computer work vs patient care.
HRCH JB'S LIL WHITE LIE
Deltaquack
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltaquack » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:55 pm

IttaBenaKilla
Veteran

Postby IttaBenaKilla » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:19 pm

My wife told me about this awhile back, I guess she was right about the duck codes (she is an OT). I was skeptical to say the least haha.
blgros1
Duck South Addict

Postby blgros1 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:18 pm

Return to “General Discussion Forum”