Why Not a September Archery season

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
alaska_av8r
Regular

Re: Why Not a September Archery season

Postby alaska_av8r » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:20 pm

Mississippi regs have always confused me. I lived in Georgia the first 20 yrs of my life, bow season (no crossbows unless had impairment) opened Sep 15, then Oct 15 prim weapons (none of this center fire stuff, prim my butt stuff) then gun Nov 15. Season closed for 2 wks prior to Xmas and opened Dec 26 and closed for good Jan 15. Dog hunting was allowed in southern half of state and verboten in the north. Everything just seemed to make sense, we didn't see that many fawns during bow season but our buck o doe ratio was not as badly skewed as it is here so you normally only saw one rut around thanksgiving. Don't know what GA does with their seasons now. But I do remember your odds of getting checked by game warden were pretty darn high and in my case always a pleasant experience. This is the first state where I have lived where the animosity towards wardens has been so bad. I also started turkey hunting there thanks to the generosity of the citizens of MS. The majority of the restocking efforts in GA were with MS birds. I always thought, wow if I could only hunt in MS they have so many they can give them away. Unfortunately it seems the table has turned as the last numbers I saw had GA way ahead in Turkey management. Sad to see the potential of this state not to be used properly.
alaska_av8r
Regular

Postby alaska_av8r » Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:09 pm

Whoa what an echo, admin can you delete some of these, I saw 503 server errors, 404s and maybe even a few 12 gauge ones thrown in
duramax
Duck South Addict

Postby duramax » Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:43 pm

Support the Fair Tax!

"I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six."

Return to “General Discussion Forum”