Hosemann steals six mile lake!

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
LODI QUACKER
Duck South Addict

Hosemann steals six mile lake!

Postby LODI QUACKER » Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:09 pm

Delbert Hoseman, JUST SCREWED the hunters of the DELTA!!!!

http://www.msnewsnow.com/story/29825950 ... ge-hunting

GOING TO BE SOME REAL MAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!! He just made a LOT of enemies and I will rally the voters to vote for Narrowheadted down at the corner than this guy for anything more that bottle washer!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Am SO SICK OF getting something taken away EVERY year!!! its more and more. You mean to tell me that The state can remove a public body of water from being public? A piece of water that has been ours since MS became a state! Oh but now somebody gave us the land so we get to regulate it, when they could not regulate it when a private land owner owned the land under the water! BS
GOD ole boy cronyism BS political favors just like always in the Gand ole state. There has been manipulation ol so many levels we need an investigative reporter on this NOW. "Laws don't apply to me cause Im the law!"

I am tired of it!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by LODI QUACKER on Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Land Man
Veteran

Re: WHAT A CROCK

Postby The Land Man » Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:50 pm

So what's the scoop, I can't open the link for some reason.
booger
Veteran

Postby booger » Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:54 pm

If I think this is what I think this is, then not so "good for the hunters".

The only glimmer of hope that I read is "not expected to be any hunting", kinda leaves the door open?
Them ducks is wary. We now resume our regularly scheduled forum melee in progress.
Don Miller
Duck South Addict

Postby Don Miller » Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:12 pm

:x
Last edited by Don Miller on Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
"I'd still like to stick that shotgun up a mallard's as$ and pull the trigger!"---FRITZ RUESEWALD @ 93 years old...(The Arkansas Duck Hunter's Almanac, pg.91)
The Land Man
Veteran

Postby The Land Man » Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:16 pm

I guess curdog decided if he can't beat'm head just give the land away. Damn that's crazy.....
JB Free
Veteran

Postby JB Free » Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:22 pm

Absolutely ridiculous, this is strictly to benefit Hoseman. Take away hunting for the little guy to improve his hunting area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How much wood, wood a wood duck-duck, if a wood duck wood duck wood?
teul2
Duck South Addict

Postby teul2 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:15 pm

Yall post up comments on that article so the general public can see our thoughts.
Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
LODI QUACKER
Duck South Addict

Postby LODI QUACKER » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:50 pm

Commissioner meeting tomorrow?

You think that wasnt planned?

They want to take public hunting away from the public to give it to the ....wildlife? BS!!!! personal gain greed and cronyism!! In yo FACE. WE CAN DO ANYTHING WE WANT TO! HA AH YOU PEONS.......

WHERE IS THE COMMISSIONERS MEETING?
LODI QUACKER
Duck South Addict

Postby LODI QUACKER » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:05 pm

somebody post this on bullnettle, there is a new post on oxbows over there, I think because of this.
StraightUp
Veteran

Postby StraightUp » Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:44 am

Yet another politician taking care of himself and his neighbors. Nevermind the public.

Some may disagree, but the delta ducks folks moving in the neighborhood might have had something to do with this.
stang67
Duck South Addict

Postby stang67 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:48 am

Can anyone give a rundown of this? PM is OK. I'm guessing there is a lake near The Sc------ that used to have public access. Instead of buying this access himself, Hosemann got the owners to sell to the state. He gets to benefit by preventing hunting next door to his place. Is this right?
skywalker
Duck South Addict

Postby skywalker » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:53 am

Wah, Wah, Wah.....quit 'whining' on an internet forum and actually DO SOMETHING about it. If you don't like it, buy your own land or get elected and make changes. Anybody can complain.

Is it duck season yet?
RLJames
Veteran

Postby RLJames » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:02 am

I can't believe any wildlife biologist would be for making a waterfowl refuge on less than 300 acres, not to mention all of the refuge on a public waterway. Simply not enough land to make an impact. Gotta be some other motive at work. This smells very bad. Can a public waterway be closed?
gps4
Veteran

Postby gps4 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:20 am

canemount 2.0, delta campus.

no hunting now, until the birds get imprinted. then high dollar draw hunts for the privileged on public land.
Po Monkey Lounger
Duck South Addict

Postby Po Monkey Lounger » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:25 am

Alternative Headline:

Under the cloak of darkness, without any public notice or opportunity for public comment, Secretary of State Delbert Hoseman, with the aid of the MDEQ and MDWF&P, aided 3 MS landowners with donating private lake bottoms of Six Mile Lake, the waters over which were part of a public waterway and already in the public domain and available to the public for fishing and duck hunting, for the purpose of generating generous tax credits for the landowners and creating a "refuge" which will later be turned over to control by a national conservation group to be managed as a waterfowl/wildlife sanctuary.

In order to maximize the monetary value of the land gift to the state, the MDEQ was persuaded by Hoseman to further define the banks of the public waterway in the subject area in such a fashion that resulted in some of the gifted land appearing to lie under private waters as opposed to public, all in direct opposition to a previous ruling by the MDEQ Commission back in 2001 that held that the lake was public water from "bank to bank". The evidence presented at the hearing and in legal filings by the MDEQ staff at the time of that proceeding approximately 14 years ago, including an expert hydrologist map depicting Six Mile Lake at bank full stage, clearly indicated that "bank to bank" meant the large prominent levee on the north side of the lake, and the raised roadbed on the south side of the lake. The affected landowners who had unsuccessfully attempted to privatize Six Mile Lake 14 years ago, and did not appeal the referenced Commission ruling, include the same landowner donors for the new "refuge".

The bottom line, our state has turned public waters available for duck hunting into a non-huntable refuge to give the owners of the bottoms of a Public waterway a generous tax credit and to protect adjacent private landowners with duck holes by providing a state created "buffer" between them and the public. Not one acre of the donation of land to the state included anything but lake bottoms lying beneath public waters. The per acre value of the donated lake bottoms was apparently $2300+. In the past, similar bottoms of public waterways had appraised for no more than $500 per acre.
Last edited by Po Monkey Lounger on Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”