Hosemann steals six mile lake!

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
LODI QUACKER
Duck South Addict

Re: WHAT A CROCK

Postby LODI QUACKER » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:43 pm

Just keep on spouting mis information. The money has been donated, no grant needed. Funding has already been met.

Did you guys not read, not understand or do you simply want to ignore what has already been stated in this post BY THE MAN responsible for the work on the weir project and the water flow through this body of water?

SO Henna Sag, duck-n, what is your personal interest in spreading mis-information?
DanP
Duck South Addict

Postby DanP » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:17 pm

The Nature Conservancy developed and submitted a project proposal to build the weirs that included some portion of the land donation value as matching funds. Basically if you get $1 you provide $1. Currently no money has been donated or grant funds been awarded. Once again I do not have any information regarding the refuge designation.

JaMak - Will have to ask Tim where we pulled that imagery... I know bits and pieces came from locals, Leflore CO, and an online database. Honestly do not remember.
DanP
Duck South Addict

Postby DanP » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:21 pm

stang67
Duck South Addict

Postby stang67 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:02 pm

Does Hosemann still have an interest in any property there anymore? The place I thought was his is no longer showing that being the case. I thought the big place on the man made lake southwest of Six Mile was his.
teul2
Duck South Addict

Postby teul2 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:53 pm

Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
Don Miller
Duck South Addict

Postby Don Miller » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:52 am

Were there any public notices, economic impact studies, or studies done by a waterfowl biologist pertaining to this "refuge? According to the press release issued by the Secretary of State, the "refuge" would benefit the waterfowl, deer, and turkey along with the hunting in the surrounding areas? Where's the proof to back this up?
"I'd still like to stick that shotgun up a mallard's as$ and pull the trigger!"---FRITZ RUESEWALD @ 93 years old...(The Arkansas Duck Hunter's Almanac, pg.91)
Henna Sag
Veteran

Postby Henna Sag » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:14 pm

I am not trying to misinform people. That is the info I got from somebody that is a good source.
GRENADA MAFIA
HR Wood's Henna Sag aka Sage
HRCH Ten Bears They Call Me Trouble MH aka Trouble
My Rook Takes The Trick aka Rook
Bercy
Veteran

Postby Bercy » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:45 pm

Side note - http://www.historicaerials.com - has some cool older aerial and topo maps. An aerial of a big chunk of the delta from 1961.
duramax
Duck South Addict

Postby duramax » Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:21 pm

What I'm not getting is that this is a tiny chunk of land (private land no less) that has basically been donated. It's never been public hunting on this. Secondly, Hosemann (to my knowledge) doesn't even hunt down there. He is a member of a club over 30 miles north of there (certainly much further than a refuge of that size to affect his hunting). Thirdly, this isn't a public waterway to even be accessed if you wanted to. His speech was a generic boiler plate public issue of information speaking of any land being turned into wildlife benefiting habitat.

This rings of people who were butt hurt that a rich guy like Jim Kennedy buying York Woods, except this involves the government to boot.

Now if the government starts selling off WMA's to private land holders, then I'll join up in the lynch mob.
Support the Fair Tax!

"I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six."
torch
Duck South Addict

Postby torch » Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:50 pm

The bottom line, our state has turned public waters available for duck hunting into a non-huntable refuge to give the owners of the bottoms of a Public waterway a generous tax credit and to protect adjacent private landowners with duck holes by providing a state created "buffer" between them and the public. Not one acre of the donation of land to the state included anything but lake bottoms lying beneath public waters. The per acre value of the donated lake bottoms was apparently $2300+. In the past, similar bottoms of public waterways had appraised for no more than $500 per acre.

AMEN
Hayes Calls Prostaff
Crazy Anglers Pro Staff
Kick's Chokes Pro Staff
Crappie Logic Jigs Pro Staff
F&F Boats Prostaff
Dakota Decoys Prostaff
stang67
Duck South Addict

Postby stang67 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:38 pm

Not addressed to anyone in particular, but was this area "public" hunting in recent history or not?
duramax
Duck South Addict

Postby duramax » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:43 pm

Support the Fair Tax!

"I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six."
StraightUp
Veteran

Postby StraightUp » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:17 pm

LODI QUACKER
Duck South Addict

Postby LODI QUACKER » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:21 pm

Duramax this is an oxbow lake that the public has had access to and hunted for decades. Hunted, fished, water skied and used however they wanted because its a public waterway with public and about a 100 cabins of private access on the lake. There is a whole township built around it. Water supply by the community and so forth.

Apparently I was wrong on the weir funding.
Po Monkey Lounger
Duck South Addict

Postby Po Monkey Lounger » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:18 pm

Duramax, while I respect your knowledge in other matters, you have no clue what you are talking about re the subject body of water under discussion.
You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”