What do y'all think of Trump?

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
YoBenny

Re: What do y'all think of Trump?

Postby YoBenny » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:22 am

Who's the moron here? I have told you a dozen times that I am not a liberal, I am an Independent Centrist, but I realize that your perception is so skewed into bizarre that you cannot tell the difference. Libertarians aint exactly known for being realistic.
Yeah I spent 25 years doing the most dangerous occupations the South East has to offer, but I don't wag my balls about it because then you would look like a fkin "BEARDED CLAM" and I know that would upset you......
davidees
Duck South Addict

Postby davidees » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:44 am

YoBenny

Postby YoBenny » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:51 am

Uh no, you can't. You people see what you want to see while looking for the enemy.
I dont consider either sides to be the enemy and neither of them are much different in terms of corruption in DC.
I do take a stand on human rights but probably not why you think.
I am an Apex Predator, I could give two $#!+ about humans or any other animal.
What I care about is people having the ability to be as productive as they possibly can, because when one person thrives so does the nation. The more people in poverty the more dysfunctional the nation.
Less educated = less productive
The rest of the world is zooming past us in this regard right now especially China and India, two huge economies who can muster overwhelming competition.
All hands on deck boys.
davidees
Duck South Addict

Postby davidees » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:59 am

“What I care about is people having the ability to be as productive as they possibly can, because when one person thrives so does the nation. The more people in poverty the more dysfunctional the nation.”
Well then with record low unemployment and a booming economy, you’re ecstatic right now, eh? No? Oh yeah, that’s right, cuz you hate the president and, like Bill Maher, would rather see the country fail than to see him succeed...yet WE are the ones who root for “our team”.
Attachments
88F96A36-2133-434E-B71C-5F1B020E0B2B.jpeg
88F96A36-2133-434E-B71C-5F1B020E0B2B.jpeg (37.03 KiB) Viewed 1049 times
YoBenny

Postby YoBenny » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:13 am

Record unemployment with wages so low that even with that much work going on nobody can pay their bills.
You splice up a crappy situation to make it look rosey and then accuse me of all people of acting like Gobbel.
Everybody knows Roger Ailes and Fox News is the new Gobbel Propaganda machine.
davidees
Duck South Addict

Postby davidees » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:14 am

Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:20 am

Let’s say raising minimum-wage 20 bucks an hour would not have any negative impact on the economy.

What I mean is let’s just say it didn’t simply make everything cost significantly more than it currently does neutralizing the effect of the raise of the minimum wage to $20 in the first place.

What do you do to combat the likelihood that you will still be dealing with “minimum effort“ people ?

Not everyone, but in my experience people who are in minimum-wage are also “minimum effort” people. In my experience if someone demonstrates a willingness to work, learn, and wants to be a team player, goes the extra mile, etc. I personally pay them more than minimum wage out of appreciation for that individual.

I don’t understand how you will wind up with a thriving economy if you force businesses to nearly triple the current minimum wage rate. You will not wind up with people who are suddenly as productive as they can be.

Though I agree with you if everyone were as productive as they can be this country would be booming!!

I’m not talking about lack of training or lack of education. I’m simply talking about lack of work ethic.
driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:23 am

driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George
davidees
Duck South Addict

Postby davidees » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:27 am

“I’m not talking about lack of training or lack of education. I’m simply talking about lack of work ethic.”

And a strong work ethic will still carry you a long way in this country, trust me. I know this firsthand. All you have to do in this country to avoid poverty is:
1. Graduate from high school.

2. Wait to get married until after 21 and do not have children till after being married.

3. Have a full-time job.

If you do all those three things, your chance of falling into poverty is just 2 percent. Meanwhile, you'll have a 74 percent chance of being in the middle class, regardless of your race or gender. But heck, I only managed to do ONE of those and it took awhile, but I came out pretty well.
YoBenny

Postby YoBenny » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:30 am

davidees
Duck South Addict

Postby davidees » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:35 am

davidees
Duck South Addict

Postby davidees » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:37 am

By contrast, young adults who violated all three norms - dropped out, got married before 21 and had children out of wedlock and didn't have a full-time job - had a 76 percent chance of winding up in poverty and a 7 percent chance of winding up in the middle class.
davidees
Duck South Addict

Postby davidees » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:39 am

And so the answer to the question Benny asked in the “Brainwashed” thread begins to take shape...yet another factor...
YoBenny

Postby YoBenny » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:42 am

Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:52 am

Return to “General Discussion Forum”