What do y'all think of Trump?

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
DanP
Duck South Addict

Re: What do y'all think of Trump?

Postby DanP » Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:11 pm

"Entitlement mentalities drive the political system because fulfilling entitlements gets votes and keeps the game going."

YALL debate that statement so I can have some interesting reading when I get through working tonight!
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:12 pm

driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:20 pm

I’ll never forget, I had a buddy who worked as a sales rep for Pfizer a long time ago and he was actually laid off. This is been 10 or 15 years ago and I remember hearing a sound clip on the business news wire that Pfizer was going to cut their sales and marketing budget by 1/3 for the tune of $1 billion.

Think about that. That’s one gigantic company that said it was going to cut it cost about $1 billion from its sales and marketing.

WTF!!!!??

Just think how much cheaper or better their medication could be if that money was spent on R&D? I mean geez. If the medicine was any good, it would sell itself?

Pisses me off beyond belief to see a pharmaceutical rep whining and dining doctors in some fancy steakhouse ordering $100 bottles of wine and racking up a huge bill when they could be spending the money towards making improvements in the medicine.

Pisses me off beyond believe to see some super fine looking 28-year-old wearing a short miniskirt, long legs, high heels, who prances right in to see the doctor while I’m stuck in the waiting room with the rest of the shlubs.

Therefore, I refuse to support the blockbuster drug industry and I do not allow my doctor to prescribe me the “latest and greatest“ medication available. I always request a cheaper, generic alternative.

F them!!
driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:26 pm

YoBenny

Postby YoBenny » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:16 pm

My dad is a doctor and plenty of my kin folks are too. One was a sales rep for dope he went around doing exactly what you said - 12 course meals for a doctor and his family.
The only station I EVER look at on TV is occasionally the weather channel if something is going down.
Chit they have so many dope commercials on that thing if you watch it for 30 minutes they have convinced you that you need to go to the doctor! Advertizing money$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

The FDA is protecting them, THAT can be changed with congress.

The Farm Bill is ANOTHER bottomless pit of money they could fix too.
But Oh no con agra, Bayer, too much money being stolen in THAT chit...

This is one of the reasons I have no faith that Donald will do much to actually change things.
He wont address any of that, even though he gets on TV and claims he will.
Ever heard him say "Citizens United?"
Hell no, and you wont hear it either, THAT might start Washington actually getting drained!

I just have no confidence at all. Old Indian tale ends with the line.
"You knew I was a snake when you picked me up"
Yep, yall did. We shall see.........
DanP
Duck South Addict

Postby DanP » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:39 pm

YoBenny

Postby YoBenny » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:19 pm

I watched this a good while back, I think one of the problems with average American expectations is that they really don't understand how much money America has, and who has it. Capitalism is a great system but it has one major flaw and that is that it doesn't have a reset switch and all of the money moves in one direction, and at some point it will all end up at one end of the line. Right now 85% of it is already there. How much more can go there before there simply isn't enough left to run the economy?

DanP
Duck South Addict

Postby DanP » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:18 pm

Thank you Benny for providing video demonstration of the entitlement mentality! Here’s some advice for those with the same line of thought, shut up and get to work! YOU and only YOU can control your future! We won’t all make the top 1% or even 10% there are such things as heredity, accumulated knowledge, and dumba$$ luck that play into all of that. Minorities that are DRIVEN and willing to work have greater opportunity than most! I still see everyday the attempted suppression exhibited by SOME of the top 1-10% on ALL of those in a lower economic class regardless of race. Let’s not forget the history of the Democratic Party when it comes to suppression of citizens or even slavery! The men and women who built this country weren’t even entitled to LIVE. Carry this through WW2 where our freedom and way of life were endangered. War time success provided this country with the means for “progress”. For many, progress meant a better life for their children. “Better” for them and many parents means a life with less stress and hardship. An unfortunate consequence of that type of life is a sense of entitlement endowed upon subsequent generations. This is nothing new! History clearly documents the rise and fall of civilizations based on greed (i.e entitlement) and the exploitation of resources.

Screw equal pay, how about pay for performance! Entitlement mentality has resulted in a bunch of lazy a$$es who expect a check for not doing anything. They want $15 an hour for $2.50 worth of work! Go build a cry closet!
davidees
Duck South Addict

Postby davidees » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:41 pm

Attachments
8E51151A-22C2-4356-85C0-C74B32A3DF21.jpeg
davidees
Duck South Addict

Postby davidees » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:42 pm

YoBenny

Postby YoBenny » Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:09 am

Nah his ilk are a dime a dozen, white boy decent job and love to tell everybody else to get to work!
Typically a racist bigot upset that all the blacks sittin on they butts drawin a gubment check.
Never says nuttin about the richest family in the country gettin $6 billion dollars of our tax money for nuttin or any of the other billions that are doled out to the rich, he dreams of being one of them!
He is right inequality is nothing new but the problem with that is historically it has NEVER ended with anything other than outright war or revolution. And the top 10% just got a permanent tax break from the GOP and they have all the money. As less and less money is in the economy to be taxed, education and all the rest goes into decline. Thhe GOP rally to steal them away for their rich interests. It's a problem that needs a solution, But shut up and get to work is not the fkin answer.
Unemployment is very low, families working 3-4-5 jobs and cannot keep up with bills.
The further it goes the larger poverty level becomes. entitlement programs swell, unless you just want to let them starve which I imagine he could care less.
If you want to talk about entitlements, talk about corporate welfare because their hand me outs are shameful.
Last edited by YoBenny on Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:33 am, edited 3 times in total.
YoBenny

Postby YoBenny » Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:51 am

8E51151A-22C2-4356-85C0-C74B32A3DF21.jpeg
8E51151A-22C2-4356-85C0-C74B32A3DF21.jpeg (46.22 KiB) Viewed 760 times

I can only imagine how violent that society would be.

The unbelievable inequalities that would quickly spring up.

"just do what ya like!"

Yeah right.

A ball waggers dream!
davidees
Duck South Addict

Postby davidees » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:04 am

Hates the system...hates the solution...miserable for misery’s sake
davidees
Duck South Addict

Postby davidees » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:15 am