What do y'all think of Trump?

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

What do y'all think of Trump?

Postby Wildfowler » Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:39 am

I've never really considered him a serious candidate or electable until recently. He keeps saying the same things and frankly I like what he is saying. I'm sick of politicians continuing to flush this country down the crapper maybe we need someone like him.

He's blunt and coarse, but he's not reading off a TelePrompTer. I'm thinking I wouldn't mind giving him a chance? But I am ready for the first rose ceremony to get rid of a few dozen of the other candidates.
driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George
GET-N-RITE
Duck South Addict

Re: What do y'all think of Trump?

Postby GET-N-RITE » Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:48 am

"I'm sick of politicians continuing to flush this country down the crapper maybe we need someone like him."

+1
lilwhitelie
Duck South Addict

Postby lilwhitelie » Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:49 am

HRCH JB'S LIL WHITE LIE
Greenhead22
Duck South Addict

Postby Greenhead22 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:12 am

I'm fine with Trump. He's a businessman, and that's what we need in the White House. It's become sad when the fate of the presidency is going to rely on two states, Florida and Ohio. We already know how the other 48 states will vote, and it has nothing to do with the candidates.
duramax
Duck South Addict

Postby duramax » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:19 am

I like some of what he's saying, but don't like him a whole lot. He's cost the country millions and millions in lawsuits when business deals haven't gone his way. He's filed bankruptcy multiple times, which causes a lot of folks to lose money.

I do like the idea of him. A guy who isn't beholden to big companies to dictate policy. I'm just not sure he's being entirely honest with his intentions. He filed paperwork to claim he's worth $12 Billion, when he's really not worth more than $2 Billion (I know it sounds stupid since it's still a ton of money), but I think it's just him trying to promote himself as a brand, and that he really won't follow through.

What I do like is if he did actually run, he's running on the basis of running the country like a business, and won't harp on the social B.S. that has brought our country to a screeching halt.
Support the Fair Tax!

"I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six."
GrizwalD
Duck South Addict

Postby GrizwalD » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:45 am

Gonna keep it simple..... i like the idea of Trump, but we will know more after a few debates.
COON HUNTER
champcaller
Duck South Addict

Postby champcaller » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:52 am

I'd like to see Trump get the nod. He stands the best chance, but It doesn't matter who we put up for the R ticket imo. I said it last time and unfortunately wasn't wrong and hope I am this time too, but the numbers don't lie. Hillary will win and probably won't be close.

But what's even scarier to think about is who they are going to put up after eight years of another Clinton. Think about it.

Like I said, I hope I'm wrong.
Achilles' Man in Black - CashMH

www.frontlinewaterfowl.com
edub20
Duck South Addict

Postby edub20 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:58 am

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
GrizwalD
Duck South Addict

Postby GrizwalD » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:17 am

COON HUNTER
Deltamud77
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltamud77 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:23 am

I don't like him. He is not a conservative and he is not a republican. He is a soundbite machine that understands the attention span of the average American is about 1 second. He, like Palin, is the living embodiment of the forwarded email that is so outlandish, that no reasonable person could conclude it to be true.

He says some things that resonate with any conservative - but it is all just wordplay.

If he wins the GOP nomination, look for him to lose the general election by historic proportions.
jtdumallard
Duck South Addict

Postby jtdumallard » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:04 am

I think he's got the Stones and the Backbone to get the job done. If the election was today he would get my vote.
"I've gotta run, my unicorn is double parked." Gator
Greenhead22
Duck South Addict

Postby Greenhead22 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:09 am

The world of today is all about party line votes. Republicans are for the working class and businesses. Democrats are for the freeloaders and handouts. Whomever the last two candidates are will have no bearing or affect on the results.
duckhunterdoc
Veteran

Postby duckhunterdoc » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:10 am

change is coming-- sort of like Obama promised--But I see a dramatic change. Like Duramax said--I Like a lot about Trump, But hard to respect the Bankruptcy--( however-Hard not to say our country is there Financially--so Trump may understand it better than any one)--so if Democrats win again---we go further down the tube---and I hate to say it ( as hard core republican as I am, But if the Typical republican Politician wins again--I think we still go down the tube---The last 2 decades of Politics ( the present 2 party system) reminds me of the Lawyers spitting on each other in court--then going out to lunch together-while the peoples they were representing have their lives changed. I mean look at How G W Bush and Bill Clinton are so Buddy - Buddy now---Really?? can you have that much in common when you represent 2 totally different ideas. Whichever side the typical politician is on- still puts them in the royalty class, they put on a show of fighting for us peons, then rack in the dough, personal gain---and we pay for it. Therefore, nothing changes much, further increase our Debt, down the tube we go. Trump bothers me, but so does any Hail- Mary Pass----But I think I am ready to throw downfield
Rice
Duck South Addict

Postby Rice » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:23 am

He has no asses to kiss almost every president sort of talks the same talks as he is now. BUT once in office they go back on a lot of $#!+ they said. I do feel he has less people making him a puppet though and he is the best chance our country has.
A man who won't has no advantage over the man who can't.
fireplug
Duck South Addict

Postby fireplug » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:41 am

How do you like your Hope and Change?

Return to “General Discussion Forum”