What do y'all think of Trump?

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
YoBenny

Re: What do y'all think of Trump?

Postby YoBenny » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:06 pm

davidees
Duck South Addict

Postby davidees » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:14 pm

This dude ACTUALLY thinks the president colluded with “Soviets” (flashback to the 2012 presidential election when, during a debate, Mitt Romney mentioned the Russian threat to which Obama replied “The 1980’s called and they want their foreign policy back- this dude KNEW the Russians were up to no good at that time and blew it off...complete and total incompetence at the very least)
Last edited by davidees on Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
YoBenny

Postby YoBenny » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:42 pm

I did not say that he colluded with the Russians, but I could have said that there is a crap load of evidence showing that may or may not point to him doing just that. If he did, he needs to be impeached and put in prison.
When Mueller is finished, if there is not enough evidence to do that, then good for Mr. Trump. I sure hope so.
But I wouldn't care who it was, if someone does something like that they are guilty of treason, I don't care if it Trump, Hillary or Elvis Presley, they need to go to jail for it.
YoBenny

Postby YoBenny » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:55 pm

And something else about approving a $12 Billion dollar hand out to the Farm bill arrholes, who that actually means these days is mostly giant corporate entities. You start floatin money around with these guys and it disappears faster than it does with the military.
Plus if you think average local farmers wont exploit the living crap out of that if this lasts longer than one season you are dreadfully mistaken. I have seen them stealing from the govt. in hundreds of thousands of dollars while talking chit about the black folks on welfare out of the other side of their mouth.
This just has catastrophe written all over it.
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:37 pm

There is no guarantee but I have said previously that I believe China will blink. Hasn’t happened yet.

I’m going to assume that you would be OK with the entire world moving to zero tariff of trump can pull it off??

If you’re not ok, can you please explain if there any negatives to having the whole world reciprocate a zero tariff trade policy?

Thanks.
driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George
YoBenny

Postby YoBenny » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:13 pm

First off China holds right at 1.3 trillion of our debt, larger than any other country.
It has sort of been the deal for a good while that they pick up our debt and we let them sell their wares here tariff free.
We are going to need almost a trillion to offset the tax breaks alone, if this keeps up it wont be coming from China or probably some others who also do big business with them.
China and the US are the worlds two largest economies and starting a trade war with them hurts us in many ways.
It also helps that arrhole do stuff that many do not want - like grinding the expansion of cheap solar energy in this country to a crawl that doesnt challenge the viability of coal and other dead technologies that he defends. He did that by slapping a tariff on China solar panels which are mostly used here because of their affordability.

I can't say that zero tariff trade is a good thing because unless you are the biggest with few rivals it hurts you.
Smaller countries and economies use tariffs to protect their own industrial production. No, I do NOT want China, the USA, or anybody else to take over production of the entire planet by smothering competitors with cheaper goods.
(which is what Trump blames China of)
The only reason that the USA went to free trade post WW2 was because most of their competitors has been destroyed in the war. Tariffs are checks and balances for economies and yes as is being demonstrated at this very moment they can be used in bad ways if the wrong people are controlling things.
It's a dangerous game. China is nowhere near blinking, I assure you.
Meanwhile thousands of jobs are being lost in America, Solar power expansion has ground to a slow crawl thanks to that arrhole, billions of dollars are being lost, and you and me are gonna pay for it. You don't think China can see the collateral damage and wait it out?
They are communist, they can starve their people to death and get away with it, can we do that?

It's just bad JuJu man, he should have never done it and when he drops this 200 Billion bomb on them watch what happens. Watch who suffers.
DuckBoat
Veteran

Postby DuckBoat » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:04 pm

Hmm. Debt nearly doubled under Obama and is still going up with trump. You recognize China holds most of our debt but yet Trump tries to do something about it and you complain. I would say try just about anything and it would have to be better than we were doing.

Think about the amount of debt we have and the trajectory it was going with no plan to pay it off/turn the trajectory around. Most people get loans and have a plan/time to pay them off. The debt the country has is ludicrous.
YoBenny

Postby YoBenny » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:24 pm

How are tariffs going to help with the debt? If they do anything with China they will only cause them to refuse to lend us any money until we are willing to pay higher earnings on it and that comes out of your pocket.
Also china does not hold most of our debt. It holds 1.3 trillion of 14 trillion the rest is spread out among other countries and global banks mostly.
Already he has money free flowing to corporations that now don't even have to produce a product to get paid this year in the billions.
Effectively stalled solar power in America well howdy doody.
Prices go up for the common man and profits go up for corporations.
What could be more 1% than that.....
sheesh man sometimes people are just really delusional.......
YoBenny

Postby YoBenny » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:44 pm

248944-galleryV9-nnhb.jpg

And just so you know, you don't stop debt growth by giving the top 10% a trillion dollar tax break.
And you can stop blaming Obama for the debt problem too, his predecessor eclipsed obama and clintons predecessor eclipsed him as well. It's not democrats that rape the debt ceiling, it's the GOP. And they just did it AGAIN.
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:45 am

Trump said we would get tired of all the winning.

http://dailycaller.com/2018/07/24/secon ... y-firearm/

https://cdn.ca9.uscourts.gov/datastore/ ... -17808.pdf

From the 9th circus no less.
driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George
YoBenny

Postby YoBenny » Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:42 am

And that has what to do with what in this thread exactly?
davidees
Duck South Addict

Postby davidees » Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:27 am

davidees
Duck South Addict

Postby davidees » Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:37 am

Growing the government costs money. Unfortunately today we have two big gubment parties. If we had the type of Fed’ral Gubment that the founders’ envisioned when they drafted the constitution there would likely be no debt...
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:54 am

YoBenny

Postby YoBenny » Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:55 am

Reagan increased the debt 300%
Gw Bush 110%
Obama 45%

It's not the Dems driving the debt, it never is.

You can't give the people who actually have all the money in this country (85% of it) huge tax breaks and expect the country to do anything but borrow more money to cover it.

And the "our founding fathers" horsecrap - listen, if our founding fathers had a look at this crap today their views and ideas would be completely different than they were then, it is just stupid to imply that they had some century piercing revelations about how to conduct government.
The FIRST thing they would do is look at all the guns and proclaim THAT is NOT what we intended with the second amendment.

The gubment spends so much because there is so much corruption, when Wal Mart employees get 2 billion in food stamps and then we give wal mart itself another 3 billion annually, something is seriously wrong. And wal mart is the tip of the iceberg.
Currently the Pentagon has 1.5 TRILLION dollars in expenses that it cannot account for. No paper trail, no nothing.
Medicaid and medicare are paying highway robbery prices to corrupt pharmaceutical and medical equipment companies who are being protected by the FDA from free global fair trade.

If you want something done about gubment spending, then you have to stop electing millionaires and billionaires to go to washington just because they can outspend anyone else on campaigns.
Over 50% of the house and senate are millionaires, what in the hell do you expect them to do?
Get elected and suddenly grow a conscience?
That's the only way this is going to be fixed, not by attacking China and everybody else in the world over trade agreements.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”