What do y'all think of Trump?

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Re: What do y'all think of Trump?

Postby Wildfowler » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:20 am

driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George
YoBenny

Postby YoBenny » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:35 am

Yeah because Snopes is like not into the facts or anything, after all, it's a BS sniffing site. :roll:
And the second they sniff out BS you don't like, it's also run by the DNC. :roll:

I admit it's tough to find just the facts without a political implication or suggestion.
I'm actually quite disappointed in all this "free speech" on the web, I don't care who it comes from.
Because the sites that aren't in the business of sniffing out BS on the rest of the sites, are usually handing it out in bucket fulls these days.

And they do it because people like it, it appeals to their biases. Biases that are also engineered by these people.

I read the aggregates whose algorithms dictate priority, they pull up the most read instead of lefty righty criteria.
But it's still lefty righty.
I listen to NPR news via the web, that is the only news source that I do not read.
I don't watch TV news and haven't for many many years.

NPR gets labeled lefty by conservatives, but if you just go and really pay attention to what they say, and how they say it, and how evenly they cover opposing views, it's about as unbiased a broadcast as I can find.
They do their best to present the two positions and what a news piece means to them.
One reason they get labeled lefty is because they are also heavily into the arts and cultural issues, as well as education and global civil rights issues. I can't even listen to some of it, heck a good bit of it, but the news I want covered by them seems to be as unbiased as I can find, and I am ALWAYS listening to their tone.
It's completely lacking the aggression that you hear in conservative productions.
That too gets them labeled lefty, passivists, whatever.

Listen to them some time and see for yourself.
https://www.npr.org/programs/morning-edition/
teul2
Duck South Addict

Postby teul2 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:07 pm

Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
YoBenny

Postby YoBenny » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:11 pm

Yeah? Let's see that please.
I imagine Fox News has talked trash about them a few times too.
Don't like research generated facts? Then don't use snopes......
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:58 pm

driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George
YoBenny

Postby YoBenny » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:11 pm

YoBenny

Postby YoBenny » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:07 pm

DuckBoat
Veteran

Postby DuckBoat » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:13 pm

How does the many hundreds of billions in tariffs compare to the 12 billion given to hard working Americans?
YoBenny

Postby YoBenny » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:26 pm

It's welfare for farmers who dont want welfare.
And lots of other people too, and before this horsechit is all over with Americans are going to be paying more for a TON of stuff they buy with NO Increases in wages.
davidees
Duck South Addict

Postby davidees » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:36 pm

No matter what, these scumbags are gonna freak out...If he tries to be diplomatic, he’s a traitor. If he gets tough, he’s a war monger...if he uses tariffs to get better trade agreements (which I don’t agree with), he’s screwing the middle class, namely farmers, if he tries to offset the temporary hit they make take, its welfare and a “Soviet” economy...please...
YoBenny

Postby YoBenny » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:48 pm

Well that's just pure biased logic there buddy. And no matter what, you are encased in it and will not escape it.
YoBenny

Postby YoBenny » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:15 pm

If he tries to be diplomatic, he’s a traitor.

No, if he colludes with the soviets to win an election he is a trator, which has absolutely nothing to do with being diplomatic.

If he gets tough, he’s a war monger...

Tough on who exactly? Kids on the border? That just makes him a fascist bigot.

if he uses tariffs to get better trade agreements (which I don’t agree with), he’s screwing the middle class, namely farmers,

Ya see there's that 1+1=2 crap again, long term it will cost all Americans a lot more, but American corporations will make a lot more too. Has any of that trickled down in the last 40 years since they first sold yall that crap?

if he tries to offset the temporary hit they make take, its welfare and a “Soviet” economy...please...

Since when did welfare ever pay anybodies bills? You think the farmers will not get hurt by this even WITH welfare?
And steel, and aluminum, and and and and and.

Wait until he hits China again with $200 billion and suddenly half of Wal Mart doubles in price.
Oh yeah that's gonna be great.

I have no idea what that senator meant with a "soviet" economy but hearing a GOP member saying that about a supposed GOP president is pretty chilling.
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:47 pm

I fail to understand the down side of agreeing on zero tarrifs from with anyone.

The objective is to get everyone to agree to eliminate tariffs altogether rather than having them so lopsided against us.

Can you please explain how it will be bad in the long run if all tariffs are eventually removed all together?
davidees
Duck South Addict

Postby davidees » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:53 pm

Oh and I forgot to mention the talking snake media spending the last few days discussing what tweeting in all caps means
davidees
Duck South Addict

Postby davidees » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:55 pm

But that’s probably only because this is going on:
https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/824826002

Return to “General Discussion Forum”