Thoughts On American Dentist That Killed Famous Lion?

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Deltamud77
Duck South Addict

Thoughts On American Dentist That Killed Famous Lion?

Postby Deltamud77 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:04 am

If you are not familiar with the story, apparently an American Dentist and avid big game bow hunter killed "the most famous lion in Africa (that was collared) when his PH lured "a lion" into bow range very near the same game preserve in which this famous lion, Cecil, was known to live.

The unknowns are did they intentionally bait this particular lion. Did they see the collar before the shot, etc.

This story is catching fire right now (on cover of Drudge the last two days) and I would imagine will have carry over into all forms of hunting.

Thoughts, discussion?

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/29/africa/zi ... index.html
teul2
Duck South Addict

Re: Thoughts On American Dentist That Killed Famous Lion?

Postby teul2 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:28 am

All I will say is, that if that was the same cat killed in the first few seconds of the video, that collar is not exactly easily visible.
Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
matador1
Duck South Addict

Postby matador1 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:20 am

If you read more on him he has a history of wildlife infractions and also some improprieties in the work place. It all paints him as not the most ethical person. Hard not to pre-judge him.
Your resident mortgage loan officer. You've got a friend in the business. http://www.adamblack.net
Smoke68
Duck South Addict

Postby Smoke68 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:03 am

Most articles I've read specify that after the lion was shot with an arrow, he was tracked down and 40 hours later shot with a gun. Then he was skinned and beheaded.

For the record, I skin and "behead" every animal I kill. And you know those beef patties you had for supper last night, Mr. "that's awful"? Yeah, that cow was skinned and beheaded. Kinda hard to get a steak from a cow that has its skin on.

Maybe the gubment should start requiring a permit to buy meat. To get the permit, you have to go visit the place where the live animals are slaughtered. Don't want to get a permit? Go grow carrots. This stuff is ridiculous.

"Well we don't rent pigs and I figure it's better to say it right out front because a man that does like to rent pigs is... he's hard to stop" -Augustus McRae
yankee
Veteran

Postby yankee » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:15 am

Bad for all forms of hunting no matter how it shakes out. Sounds like unethical outfitters, at least a slightly unethical dentist, and now it is a poop storm in the national media. There are people camped out in front of his dentist's office waiting for him to show up. The irony of this is, how many people were shot in Memphis, Chicago, and Baltimore this week? The media and the nut jobs are more focused on one old lion in Zimbabwe than on the people being killed in this country...
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:49 pm

driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George
tombstone
Duck South Addict

Postby tombstone » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:55 pm

Christians being beheaded, babies killed, racist violent crimes, etc and these people are worried about a freakin lion. These folk are why this world is screwed up. Hunt a liberal next time
There will be a day....
davidees
Duck South Addict

Postby davidees » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:56 pm

duramax
Duck South Addict

Postby duramax » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:09 pm

Support the Fair Tax!

"I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six."
bigoak
Duck South Addict

Postby bigoak » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:59 pm

The guides and the dentist are all examples of the ugly, unethical side of big game trophy hunting. I hate that this specific lion was killed and I hate that it was an American hunter that did it. Bad deal all around.
Deltamud77
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltamud77 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:13 pm

Well said, Duramax!

Steven Rinella often writes and talks about the lunacy of the anti-hunters that have no issue with eating store bought meat. What is more ethical and kind to the animal - being held in captivity its whole life and spending its last days suffering in a feed lot, or an animal that has live free its entire life until the moment it is struck with a fatal shot from a rifle or bow?
eSJay
Duck South Addict

Postby eSJay » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:27 pm

He is getting creamed on Yelp reviews. He has closed his business doors and disconnected his phone number.
http://www.yelp.com/biz/river-bluff-dental-bloomington
"Sir, I never take a chance when shooting waterfowl...
I believe in hitting him very hard with big shot from a big gun....."

-Nash Buckingham
LODI QUACKER
Duck South Addict

Postby LODI QUACKER » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:00 pm

thats bullshart
lilwhitelie
Duck South Addict

Postby lilwhitelie » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:05 pm

Funny how an animal can rile everyone up. Waiting on Obama to comment on the situation. Meanwhile planed parenthood can sell fetus parts at a restaurant and guess what the government steps in to save them and orders no more videos to be released of the wrongdoing. Sad sad sad. If they were selling unborn puppy parts it would generate more headlines!!!!!
HRCH JB'S LIL WHITE LIE
davidees
Duck South Addict

Postby davidees » Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:36 am

Return to “General Discussion Forum”